Thursday, August 16, 2012

Aug 15, Wednesday. Ok no internet, no phone, no surprise ha ha. At least I had it this morning to talk to Drewy on the phone and look at my email....and Facebook. I just became friends with a girl I went elementary school. The other day I became friends with a woman I know who know lives in Italy. She didn't know that I already knew who she was before I met her a few years ago in AA. There was a guy who was ahead of us in school and I thought he was soooo hot. She was his girlfriend and I heard this story about how he put his coat down on a puddle so she could walk across the mud on their way to school one day. When I got out of high school I went out with him a couple of times but found he was not as great as my imaginary image of him ha ha. When I met this woman a few years ago and asked her about the coat mud puddle story, she told me it was true. But so was a bunch of other really ugly stuff; no wonder we found each other in AA ha ha. Anyway....it amazing who you see on Facebook.

I woke up today and the sky was BLUE!! Yipee and sun sun sun. Ha ha everybody around here has laundry hanging on the line. Including us. Like an old washer woman I did the laundry outside and scrubbed on this ridged basin, probly hat's what it for anyway. Of course to be fair, Everardo did his tshirts and shorts. We have been paying Eriika to do some of our laundry, shirts and sheets & towels cause they have a washing machine and she does it for 100 pesos, and we only need it every two weeks. But Everardo wants his shirts just so, I understand that so we're working it out. Thise plastic tubs we used to move come in handy. We can out clothes in them to soak, then the scrubber ridge...I don't have rinsing down. The bathroom by the kitchen has the kiss ass shower that rinses great- that's the shower where you step on the board connected to the chain to get water so you can do it without using your hands. BUt today we tried filling the other side of the outside basin- I'm not sure I like that way...unless of course my stuf is first ha ha....ah vamos a ver...

So after having 13 kids for English class on Monday, I only had 4 today. 3 of the 4 need practice so it was good to have them. The 4th actually lives in Copala and when school starts next week I'm not sure he can come anymore. We moved the time from 11am out to 1:30 cause school lets out at 12:30. But Temo might not be able to come anymore so I told him if he can come to Playa Ventura on the weekend I'll teach him. He's the best regular student. Lupita is also very good- they both practice at home; but she is just not able to come very often. Some kids have to help their parents, with littler kids, with animals, or restaurants; kids grow up way too fast here. (I guess I've probly said this a few times before).

I hope we have sun for a few days. Even when it wasn't raining there was still no sun. It's funny how fast the days go by when you're not doing anything ha ha. We walked up to Chela's and sat for awhile with them. Then Gume wanted to chop down a palm tree in their yard while they had no customers, so we walked over and watched that, then all drank coconut water from the coconuts they got from the tree once it fell. Then a big truck dropped off some huge rocks for building a wall, and of course the truck got stuck in the mud since it was on a slope; so the guys put palm leaves under the wheels and it worked. The rocks came from the guys working on the road, one of the things they do if grind up these rocks into gravel. Those guys work hard up there on the road. Everardo's given them jugs of water before, and a couple of them made sure we have a water hose from getting water from up the mountain- well I think that's where the water is coming from...anyway there's a hose coming thru our fence now. It might be the hose we need to buy water from Gume. Lots of little deals take place all the time. Like the guy who fixes our electricity when it's out all over town. There are construction guys, electricians, plumbers, carpenters, etc. People have jobs and then they also work out things between themselves. Like I said- everything is possible in Mexico.

The waves are coming up high today. After watching the truck get stuck and unstuck, Sam and I headed for the hammock on Chela's restaurant patio. (He sleeps under me- just like at home) Everardo was helping Gume with some other work and I had a nice siesta. Then some customers came and woke me up (yes how rude ha ha jk), so Sam and I walked home on the beach. Wow! Some of the waves were coming all the way up the beach. I was a little nervous about getting all the way home, but we ran in a couple of places so we made it! But this is the highest I've ever seen the tide here, maybe 2 feet from our wall, and we're set back further than alot of the places between us and Chela.
So hubby is making some beans and pork concoction for us for dinner, then maybe an AA meeting in Copala, maybe not though, our road is so chopped up right now and has a little detour, so, maybe stay home and go for an after dinner walk....we don't sleep until after midnite cause it's so hot, so we usually go online, and find a movie, our English stations have these old old movies ha ha. We saw a great one last nite though so maybe we'll get lucky since we have no internet, and if it's not fixed now, I'm pretty sure it will be tomorrow (at least) since it's 5:30...see I said every thing is possible, not everything is.
ha ha

The horses came by again tonight, just before dark. There's a baby horse. They were on our driveway and grazing in our weeds. I took some pictures, Sam didn't bother them at all, the they walked down tot the beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment