Saturday, August 18, 2012

August 18. The electricity came back around 2am and then went off again around 2pm and just came back around 8pm while we were at Chela's swimming in the pool. Now I'm home and online, but the internet is down again. It's been of week of alternating no internet, no phone, no lights.
Yesterday we had no rain, but no electricity or phone. It's weird cause it's nice weather. Oh well, this is Mexico. Yesterday I had English class with 5 kids, Monday regular school starts so I told them to come at 1:30. Later Rosa came over and she wanted me to make it at 4pm so they can do their homework but I bet at 4pm they won't come, so we'll see what happens. I agreed to make it 4pm, but what I actually said was I'd talk to the kids Monday. So her two are not that consistent anyway so maybe if they come at 4 I'll work with them but the others at 1:30, right after school...

Everardo wanted to get baby chicks yesterday and I pleaded with him to wait. Yes I want chickens to get our own eggs, and we definitely have room, but I just want to make it thru this raining season first. I mean we have had a lot of surprises. Water thru the ceiling, water coming thru the windows, muddy water streaming onto the patio. No lights, no phone, no internet. We don't know when we're supposed to pay the cable bill. You can see it on the tv, but it's not right ha ha. The road is a gigantic mess right now. I'm hearing that it will be done in a month. My question is why did they do it now? I'm the only one who didn't know how the rainy season works, but even I knew it was supposed to be July thru Sept.- but hey maybe they've been working on it for months and it got behind...hmmm sounds like road construction in the US ha ha. It is so muddy, bumpy, changing shape, new holes, widening old holes, that I am afraid to drive it. I know the truck is 4 wheel drive, but I don't want to be the one to get us stuck in the mud. I am fine not driving for a few weeks ha ha. So anyway with all that going on I just don't want to add chickens to the mix. I never had them before, I'm sure they are not too much trouble, but I just don't want anything new this minute. So I am happy to say we did not get chickens yesterday.
The ocean remains amazing. Sam caught a fish and so now every time we go for a walk he runs to this rock edge and goes in looking for fish, biting at the water. Today I got to talk to Drewy for about an hour and that was nice. Yesterday I talked to Halla and was supposed to call back today but I was asleep in the hammock when I was supposed to call- oops. Then she had to work, so maybe tomorrow. But I am so learning, make a plan, but don't depend to on the plan with all you got or you will be disappointed! We got up early this morning, the electricity came on about 2am I think, but we got up and took Chela's kids to Marquelia to buy their noteooks for school. We took them cause Eriika knows a guy who works at a Telcel place that can unlock my Iphone. But he wasn't there so we'll try again tomorrow maybe. I haven't really needed a cell phone once we got kind of settled, but if I can have my Iphone as pay as you go that would be great. So we came home and enjoyed the nice weather. Then the electricity went out. So what ha ha! After a nice nap, reading a book in the hammock, a wonderful meal cooked by hubby- so yummy we need to have it once a week!, Oh and Everardo put a rope up over the rafter above the patio that I can grab from the hammock- then I can rock myself! Nice! Then walking on the beach, visitng with Chela Gume and the kids, then a dip in their pool. Ha ha how good is my life.
Tomorrow we'll go back to Marquelia to see if the guy who sells the blankets is there. Ha ha yet another lesson in patience for me. The lady who we buy veges and fruit from at the marketplace told me he comes but probly not last week because of the rain. She is very nice and today asked me the word for broccoli in English. Yes I must recognize that I am becoming a part of Mexico and I can talk to people. I get frustrated sometimes and have to remember it's poco a poco. Thank God I'm an alcoholic in AA where the guidance is about patience, acceptance, humility....and one day at a time. Hubby is wonderful and understands, but sometimes I still let it get to me. I talked to my sister on the phone yesterday and she told me it sounds like a good growing experience for me. And that my feeling of isolation lets me know how Everardo felt when he came to the US. How a lot of people feel. I really want to write to my ex brother in law who's wife is German. I love her even though we could never talk cause she doesn't speak English. We had a good time together but she did spend a lot of time not talking when they were visiting us. I think I totally understand how she felt. I think I have him as a friend on FB and I need to tell him to tell her I understand! I am not feeling down today, it was a wonderful day and we also got to chat with friends on skype. Ha ha she probly understands to since sheis from Russia. They are talking about visiting us in November, I hope they do!

No comments:

Post a Comment