Monday, August 13, 2012

So except for having the very cool English class with so many kids, we didn't do much today. Then around 5pm it stopped raining so we took a walk down to Chela's and let Sam swim in the roadside pond of course. Gume was fishing with a net at the beach and we went down to watch. Then we all walked back towards out house on the beach while Gume threw his net. Near our house he caught a bunch is fish in one throw and later we helped them eat them for dinner with their family. He had one fish too small & went to trow it back and it went in the tide going back out; Sam saw it wiggling and chased after it, and caught it! ha ha my dog the fisherman! Luckily I had the camera and we got pictures of the whole thing as well as Gume fishing, which have all gone up on Facebook.

Then we went with Gume, Chela & Tony (3yr old) up the road in their truck to Casa de Piedras and Everardo brought his net too. He's learning to master the net! The water was nice but even there to angry to go in. There were no fishing willing to jump in their nets so after a nice walk on the beach we headed back. Man the road was SO messed up, the rain just makes little rivers, chunks out of the road, I was sure we'd get stuck, but we didn't, and I was the only one who was worried ha ha.

We got back and dropped at our place for Everardo to get out of his wet clothes and walked back to their place. Had a beautiful fish and beans dinner as it got dark. Gets dark around 8-8:30. It finally started raining again while we were chatting and digesting, but just a light rain, not bad to walk home in dressed in shorts, tshirts and sandals. It's not raining super hard like the last few days, but now it's 11:15, and so there's all nite for a hard rain ha ha. As long as there's no hard wind we are fine....it's still too hot to sleep. It's funny I was a 10 or latest 11pm sleeper in Calif, and an early riser, hubby woke up earlier than me, usually 6am. But here we both have trouble sleeping with the heat, and our not great bed (it's on the list- a new mattress), so we've been staying up late and then sleeping later. He still gets up around 8, and I try for latest 9, usually 8:30 and then we both take naps at some point in the afternoon. I wish the hammock was in the house because I sleep great in it! We may look at that at some point....I drink alot of water at nite but I guess I sweat it all out cause I barely get up during the nite to pee- not like in Petaluma a couple times a nite ha ha. But you gotta wear flipflops or slippers at nite cause if a scorpion is going to be there, it's at nite.

We bought something we mixed up and sprayed in the corners for scorpions so I'm not too worried altho we had 2 in 2 months, but that was before the spray...from what I read they are not interested in people, not looking to sting you. So I'm careful about picking up stuff that's been sitting against the wall for awhile- like the pile of sheets that was there for about 2 weeks & when I picked it up I said- hey honey could you get this big bug...uh it was a scorpion...he got it. And I don't put my hand way back on shelves where i can't see, and I keep dresser drawers & kitchen drawers shut...

No comments:

Post a Comment