Thursday, August 30, 2012

It's Thursday nite and the internet is out. A storm just hit, even though an hour ago we were walking down the road to Casa de Peidras and it was really hot, but clouds were coming in, dark ones so I guess the storm is no surprise. The lightening started and we ran out and closed the truck's windows and the thunder was far off. We let Sam in tho' since it was raining, and I'm glad cause then we saw lightening and the thunder was one second off and really loud and cracking. The kind both Sam and I don't like too much.
I was online, on facebook, trying to put a photo of my new Mexican driver's license on my page. It finally worked but then I got knocked off. I was also chatting with 2 friends and on the online AA chat room. Wow sounds busy but really wasn't. Anyway the license, ha ha there's no test. I gave them a copy of my green card, and paid 250 pesos. And we left and Everardo got a haircut. When we returned I had a new license. My green card is a resident card good for only a year, then when I go back I'll start the process for citizenship, even though it requires 2 years here- but you can also get it with 2 years married to a Mexican so we'll use that one. When we got here and realized I had entered illegally ha ha, we just went for the easiest thing,since applying for citizenship needed a lawyer and a notary to notarize our notarized document (apostille) that said our marriage certificate was real- which is also notarized...see the confusion so we just took the year residency card...anyway the license is also for a year, then next year it will become 5 years. No test! Well I guess if you are brave enough to drive in the traffic here you deserve a license! I drive here in Playa Ventura and I've driven to Copala, but not Marquelia yet....maybe tomorrow when we go back to get the printer ink which somebody ordered for us, and and and, maybe to get my iPhone unlocked. We've been trying to do that almost since we got here, I'm kinda over it, but the little Telcel booth in Marquelia said he can do it tomorrow,, but ha ha I heard that before. Anyway if we can do it, good, cause I use the hone for photos, the time, and an alarm clock. I know I could start wearing a watch again, but once the rainy season is over I will hopefully go back to jumping in the ocean or the pool at a moment's notice...


Well the internet is back but the tv is gone. Ha ha I wonder about the phone, but I can see my daughter online so if no phone, no biggie. Cell phones don't work out here, but maybe once the road is paved, it will be more like a real town and a cell tower will get built??? who knows, just me talkin;
When we got home today there were huge cows coming up the side of our property from the beach the way the horses ad burros do. Seemed funny to me, cows on the beach? I didn't see anybody with them, they were just roaming. Then when we went for that after dinner walk we caught up with a herd of cows going home for dinner- but Sam made them nervous so we stopped by a bridge where Sam could go down in the water and the cows went on their way. Also saw cutest piggies today, not piglets- babies, but still young and smaller than the huge ones I see people trying to take for a walk ha ha. It was a livestock kind of a day ha ha.
Our friend's oldest son, 18yrs, Romario left this morning for Cabo San Lucas to work in a resturant of some cousins I think. We got up early and went over about 7:30 am to say goodbye. It's a huge deal for an 18 yr old to pack up, take the autobus to Mexico City and catch a fight to Cabo to start his life. I took some photos but haven't been able to post them yet. He's really a sweet kid. He's excited, I'm sure a little bit scared, but so happy. His mother, Rosa was sad and I think Gencho (dad) was sad, too. It's hard when your kids leave the nest. I remember when Drewy moved to Reno, we were happy for her but I was so so so sad. I think she stayed a year, then came back to our area. It might have been less time but felt like forever to me. I guess they must miss me now, but it's different with your own child, the bond is stronger than with your parent I think, although I wouldn't move to Mexico until after my Mom passed. Her one year anniversary is coming up in Sept. 9/10/11 was the date. I miss you Mommy.
Oh uh, it seems there is water in the house where there was no leak before. Gotta go while the electricity is still on to see.
Ok so weird. The telephone line coming into this part of the house comes from upstairs but outside. The rain was coming alone the line thru the hole in the wall. We need more silicone! The floor & our shoes were all wet. Now the tv is back on but no phone. The internet says it's on so I will try to post this. I wish these huge storms didn't unerve me so much. One month or less, maybe just a couple of weeks and the rainy season should be done, Thank god. I'm still glad I did the hard stuff first, ha ha then Ill love the nice stuff so much more. Hmmm guess we'll see what I'm saying this time next year. Man it just rains and rains and rains so hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment