Saturday, September 1, 2012

Sept 1. Gray skies, really windy, the kind that howls. The waves are really rough. I was looking out the window at the clouds passing by pretty quickly, everything gray; the sky, the water, and the trees, and I thought wow with the wind whipping thru the palm trees it looks like we're in this tropical place- ha ha ha ha! This IS the tropics. So maybe the rainy season is going to go out with a bang! Tons of rain last couple of nites- yes it still raining almost only at nite, and now add this huge wind. The ocean looks scary. Down here they call it angry, which I think fits. Then my girlfriend, who grew up here called from Petaluma and when I said the sea was angry, she started laughing and said "angry?", that's how the people who live there describe it...so I guess I'm becoming one of them. Hey that's a good thing.

I got to talk to daughter #1 yesterday for a long time. Poor baby hates her job- been there. Wants to find another one- been there. Not that maybe jobs- been there! But she's one smart cookie, ha ha thats what my mom used to say about her. I remember when Drewy used to go visit Grandma when it was raining and she would take her out so she could stomp in the puddles. Drewy loved it. Made me laugh cause I sure don't remember my mom ever telling us we could go out and jump in puddles- but maybe that's Grandma stuff. She's been on my mind so much since we moved here. I know she would be happy for me, proud of me for reaching for this adventure. She was a tough lady. True enough she was cold when we kids were adults, I'm not sure about when we were kids cause mostly I remember good stuff, like camping and reading, but ha ha some bad stuff like making us eat everything on our plates even when it was disgusting! Even camping when we had to eat that f'ing multi bean cassorole ha ha I bet my sisters and brother hated that shit too!

But now I dream of her alot, and lately think of her I'm sure cause the first anniversary of her death is in 10 days. But my dreams are all positive, he happy and happy to be with me, ha ha none of those real life times when she would comment on how fat I looked ha ha. Ok mom sorry- I know you're dead and you're not supposed to speak ill of the dead, but this is my diary, and the truth is the truth. I loved and love you, but always try to NOT be you with my kids, I always want them to know I love them more than life itself, always, no matter what. Maybe you felt that way too- you were just good at keeping it a secret ha ha.

I found out my niece has a blog too; she found out she's allergic to gluten and it's made a big difference in her life. Very cool. But of course my main interest -as a self absorbed woman-is how did she get a photo on her page???? It's only one photo, of her, but I only just figured out how to change to a generically offered background that I'm not sure will show with this post since I don't see it now. So I looked at some other blgs & people add photos! I don;t want to add tons of them, but this place is so beautiful, and so many things are new to me, or so different than what I'm used to that I'd like to post some pics.

I mean I don't even get mail here. It goes to a little post office inside this building in Copala, one counter is for getting your mail and the next counter is for paying your bills. I don't think you mail any payments here. We picked up our telephone bill and then paid it at the next counter. Our neighbor doesn't even pick up her bill; she just calls the telephone co to see how much it is, then pays it. We called to and the amount matched the bill, but I want the paper copy. The cable bill is displayed on the tv, and you pay at the same counter. PG&E (called something else not sure what, maybe CFE) gets delivered to some guy who lives here in Playa Venture and then we walk down and get it from him....and then garbage is free. I keep calling myself Terry from little house on the prairie, but maybe it's mor elike Terry from Mayberry ha ha. When you want to talk to a business, you go there.

Well it's Saturday morning and at first it was raining so Everardo did not go down to work with Gume at 7am like he planned, but now a couple hours later it's still windy but not raining so he walked down there to see what's up. We also need to go to Marquelia today, for the printer ink, maybe drop off the iPhone to get unlocked, and cross our fingers for finding cantaloupe ha ha.

Once I stop writing this I need to look at our August expenditures and try to make a budget. I tried to write everything down all month, seems the most was spent on gas- of course- even tho it doesn't seems like we went out alot, but Ometepec is an hour away and I think we went 3 times, maybe 2. And we still have these one off expenses. We paid half for the window fixing that should start Monday or Tuesday for the upstairs big windows, and our drivers licenses....but I know how to make a little budget with fixed expenses, other expenses, etc. I have a feeling I know about what we need, but we are also thinking of things we want to do down the line, and we'll need to save towards that. I definitely want to push out half the length of one bedroom wall about 4 feet; cause the portion of the room where our bed is, well the bed just fits with about 3 inches on each side so you ave to crawl down the bed to get out- and I always have to pee during the nite- and so it sucks! There's really no other way to put the room,it's too bad the builders didn't see it???!!! But anyway we can probly do it very cheaply, especially since Poppi can do most of the work, or at least be the helper...there's enough room on that side to move out the wall, and I just want enough room for us each to be able to get out of bed on the side. Ha ha getting in is easy cause we can just jump...but during the nite waking up to pee I am not so frisky ha ha. And maybe too a tiny table for a lamp, clock, water, book- wow that sounds like alot ha ha.

Well Poppi is back and no work today for him- yippee cause I've missed him. When the weather is nice I can occupy myself with exploring the beach, walking Sam, wandering about, but when it's crappy out and the ocean is too dangerous to play in, well I can read for only so many hours in a day, cruise the web some, but then what do I do?  So we're off to Marquelia, but probly also Ometepec cause the big bags of dog food are cheaper there, and also I'm pretty sure they have peanut butter there at Super Che...It's a very pretty drive to get there, even in gray skies. Not sure how it will look after the rainy season, all the green will most likely disappear until this time next year, but it will be interesting to see how it changes over the year.

So I guess the budget will wait until this afternoon...it's ok I have all the info written down, trying to remember,especially in pesos is not practical ha ha- I'm catching my mom's disease, CRS (can't remember shit) ha ha.



1 comment:

  1. I've been enjoying reading your blog. I relate to most of what you are experiencing as you adjust to your new life in Mexico. Thank goodness for my wife being Mexican because trying to adjust on my own here would have probably given me a full head of gray hair by now.

    ReplyDelete