Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Ok around 9am the electricity went off and cam back sometime in the afternoon, maybe 1:30 or 2pm. I had called Chela to find out if theirs was out too, and she said the whole town...But I exercised since my elliptical runs on batteries and read for a while.

The construction workers were SO loud outside our house today! They dumped truckloads of rocks and gravel on our side of the road and down the side. The road is up a little from our house so you can walk along the fence to the neighbors, and we have some skimpy trees that are basically there to block the view into our yard, but as I said, they're pretty skimpy...So it's like what they did further down the road where the arroyo is; they added dirts & gravel to make the road wider, but down there they didn't extend the pipe underneath where the water was going thru to the ocean side and the earth  started to break away. They re-did it, but I don't know if they put the pipe in this time- hope so. So I'm not sure if they are putting a rock wall, a sidewalk, or both. So they graded the rocks and dirt over and over, then the steam roller came thru and went back and forth, course I don't think there was steam, so is it just a roller? I'm not sure that the trees will survive this, but as Everardo says, we can grow ivy in the fence, and replant depending on how it looks when they're done. Our fence is bricks at the bottom and then cyclone fencing like at a school on top, that's why ivy would work.

I'm so glad I asked for very small windows on that side of the house when they built this room. Otherwise it would be just looking in from the street. So big windows on the other side facing the ocean, and a big window on the side so we can get a breeze going. But ha ha right now the only cooling breeze is the fan! The small windows are at the top of the wall so we only see treetops (tress in our yard), but from the street they are about eye level, so it just works.So this paving project may get done after all, at least past us and Rosa & Gencho (they live on the other side of the lighthouse).

Once it gets done we are gonna fix the flats on both bicycles and ride them, that will be nice. Especially since the cooler weather is coming. I can't believe Sept is this Saturday.  But it was really hot today. Everardo worked with Gum all day, and just walked in a minute ago and it's 7:15. But he said they took a long break this afternoon cause it was so hot. Looks like I need to go coop the shrimp since we didn't eat when we were going to on Monday- but it's still good cause it was fresh caught when we got it. I'm gonna make it in a pasta ha ha my specialty.

No kids showed up today at 1:30 for class. That was supposed to be the new kids. Then 2:30 for the original bunch, None of them showed either, except for Lupita who doesn;t come often, but she's older, 9 I think, and she is motivated. When I work with just her we do more stuff, I tried sentences using the 5 W's (Where is Monsie, Who is Monsie, etc), then we tried "I like....." and walked around identifying things. So that was good. For the others, I think maybe school just starting is fun and exciting and my class maybe os not so exciting...at this moment, I don't care. If they don't want to come, I'm good. Except for Lupita, I think they all come cause their parents make them ha ha. Monsie came over later to borrow scissors and I asked her why she didn't come- she said oh I forgot. I asked her is school was very busy and she said yes, so I asked her if she still wanted to come to English class and not sure about her face, but it seemed like she doesn't want to come. Like I said, ahh that's ok. And no I don't think it's cause I yelled at them on Monday, that was just a couple of kids who I saw yesterday and were all smiles. I think its just a gae to them

No comments:

Post a Comment