Monday, August 27, 2012

Last nite there was an awesome electrical storm. The lightening was like I've never seen before- it lasted for several seconds, then came again and again and again. It was not nearby; the thunder didn't follow immediately, it was more like if you had a bad connection on a lamp in your house and it would flicker on and off. Of course the electricity in the house did start going on and off ha ha.

But we sat outside and watched for awhile. Sam was a little spooked and so of course sat right in between our chairs and appreciated a hand on his head. It finally started to get closer, and then the rain came, but lightly, not enough to move out of it. After about an half hour we went in, luckily I had already lit a candle so we could find our way to bed. We opened the window next to the bed and it was actually a little cooler....ahhh that was nice. It started to rain really hard so of course that's when we remembered the truck windows were down so Poppi rushed out. But it was nice to lay in the cool nite air and let the sound of the rain lull us off to sleep.

We were talking about getting an AC, but after we lived thru all the seasons and felt acclimated, to see if we really need one. Of course having one would be great, but do we really need more than the fans? Well I told Everardo that I missed him- that I was used to falling asleep on his chest, right under his shoulder, that nice soft spot, and later in my sleep I would always turn over and so would he, ha ha both to our own sides. But I really have a hard time sleeping here. My best sleep is from about 4am to 7 or 8am. That must be when it's the coolest. I used to have a hard time falling asleep in Calif, too, but curling up on Poppi's shoulder always helped me slow down my mind and fall asleep. Now I toss and turn feels like forever. So- he says- hey maybe cold is our way back to each other! ha ha were both busted u laughing, but maybe it's true. So next month we're gonna check out AC's and at the very least have one in the bedroom. Of course I don;t like to slepp in AC either ha ha, unless it's very low, but we'll find a way to make it work. Yeah I don't like the fan blowing in my face when I sleep either, so we aim it at him and I kinda move in and out of it thru the nite.

Before the storm yesterday Everardo was out on the big rocks fishing with just a line. Sam, ever faithful sat at the bottom waiting. I had been napping in the hammock (yes I know big surprise), and got up just when he went up there. He had been fishing down by Chela's. So I grabbed the camera and got some pretty good shots. I gotta look into this blog website and see if I can post photos. I looked at some people's blogs last nite before the electricity went out and some had pictures. Anyway as it got dark the sky was this amazing array of pink and gray swirly clouds, and I got a couple of good pics of that. But remember the saying from when you're a kid: Pink sky at nite, sailor's delight, pink sky in the morning, sailor's take warning. I think it meant that pink sky at nite meant it wouldn't rain the next day, so I guess it means nothing about that nite, cause it poured last nite. But- it's not raining now, the sky is brilliant blue...

Went to Marquelia yesterday, still no cantaloupes, but got some shrimp that I get to make with pasta tonite- damn I totally forgot, and I have to scrub laundry on a rock today too! ha ha ok I don't scrub it on a rock, but it is soaking in a plastic tub outside and there's an outside sink with a raised section that has these ridges, crap I think that is what it's for, and I do srcub it there. The nice thing is Everardo likes to do his white tshirts himself, and sometimes his levi shorts. I asked him why he wears white shirts in a place where they ALWAYS get dirty, but he says cause they are cooler than any other shirt. And he won't wear tank tops or v necks- which I find curious cause he has the nicest muscles, really nice defined arms and chest....but he wears tshirts all the time. Except when swimming in the ocean of course, which is pretty often. Of ocurse the guys with the blankets were not there, but tomorrow we're going up to Cruz Grande to get my bank card and they have a huge market place, so we're gonna check it out.

Well the laundry calls...


No comments:

Post a Comment