Wednesday, October 3, 2012

So:
1. I drank milk from the cow and didn't get sick
2. It's still raining!
3. The road workers returned.

Of course I didn't get sick drinking cow's milk and yet I was worried about it ha ha. I had googled it and emailed my doctor- it's funny these days I don't want to do anything to encourage estrogen...meaning my cancer to return. Like I can't eat soy. Now it's also a huge debate but at the time they told me no soy with my type of breast cancer, so- I just don't eat things with soy in them. Sucks cause most protein powders have soy, and I love those beans they have at sushi, edamani? And my doctor did email me back and say it's no problem with regards to my cancer, but raw milk isn't good to drink. ha ha I'm drinking it, so we'll see. I mean, c'mon- these cows here graze in the fields, now pesticides, no hormone shots...the only problem my body is gonna have is all this organic, fresh food ha ha! Vegetables, fruits, eggs, milk, bread?? A small secret cause not sure if I can do it, but I'm going to google how to make a cheese sauce & a pesto sauce for pasta cause the stores only have sauce hit and miss. Not even at Costco last week in Acapulco. But I'm only thinking about it at this point ha ha..so stayed tuned. I mean I don't want to become an actual cook.

Monday nite we had lightening all nite but no rain, but yesterday it poured. It rained all day, not pouring the whole time, but still; especially since it almost always rains at nite. And I keep waiting for the rainy season to be over! It's not cold or anything and the road is much better so it's not a problem in that way. But it makes the ocean kinda grumpy...tooo choppy, too tricky to feel safe in it. But again, we'll see. Funny the worker returned when it was raining. But when it lightened up they were out there, starting the sidewalk on our side of the street.

Yeah they came back the 2nd, so maybe they will finish after all. I still don't know why they didn't come for a whole week, thought maybe there was 5 weeks in Sept and they only work 20 days; but nope, there's just 4 weeks in Sept, so I don't know why they stopped coming. Of course now the noise is terrible since I think they are grading and doing the sidewalk. And there's alot of guys all yelling to each other. I think they're building a wall in front of Rosa and Gencho, but we only get sidewalk. I actually don't care, and the wall is short, not for blocking anything. I just want our driveway to be drivable without using 4 wheel drive ha ha. And driveway is a big word for our length, maybe it's 4 feet long....

Everardo is in Copala buying some wood to make my shelves. One more set for the living room area, and also something for outside he can put his tools on so I can have that bookcase/shelf for the upstairs. It's not really tool; more like tool accessories, boot's and pieces of wood, nuts & bolts & nails. The tools need to be locked up; unfortunately like everywhere,we need to err on the side of caution and lock up things that might be worth anything. When we first moved in, well after maybe a month we had this exercise bench disappear, I only paid $5 for it at a garage sale, but I wish I had it. It was for doing sit ups, but had a bar that curved over it like an arch that you held onto and part of the bench came up with you doing the sit up. I liked it cause then no strain on the neck. I do know that a guy was arrested for some kind of burglary around here a while back, but I guess he was part of 3 or 4 guys who've been stealing stuff. It's like you just "hear things". And I heard that people know who they are.

But the cool thing is people are starting to know us, and Everardo has been told these kind of things by a few people. I'll say this- this tiny town is like it's own novela ha ha! There's like 2 families that comprise "the power" around here, and everybody else. But is seems over time, everybody else is now the majority...so there's little bits of talk and gossip all the time. We are trying hard to stay out of it. For me it's not too hard since I don't understand alot of what I hear, but ha ha I have been the center of some gossip, so whether I'm in or out...in a small town the only thing I have is myself. As Poppi said, we have each other and Sam. We have a couple of close friends; we love Chela & Gume, but when it comes down to it, we have ourselves. But that's ok, generally when people get to know me they like me- especially in the past years; I work hard to be honest and up front with people. Sometimes up front is not all that easy, but in the long run, for me, it works. So little by little as we deal with people, as they get to know us, we will build relationships. And it's already happening, like I said, people confide in Everardo. Ha ha all the kids in town know me- only a few came for English lessons (and nobody now), but they all call my name when I walk by or drive by. And there's alot of kids- ha ha I don't know most of their names.

But they like to practice English. An older boy, he always yells hola to me; yesterday I walked all around town when the rain let up late in the day, and this kid yelled "hey hello Terry" to me. Then I stopped infront of this yard where I know this big pig is tied up and has a baby near by; I was talking to the pig and asking where is your baby when a guy (not a kid) walked in from further back in the yard and he had the baby on a rope. He looked at me kinda puzzled so I told him in Spanish I was just talking with his pig. He looked at me for a few seconds, smiled and went about his business. So ok they think I'm a little wacko- just like the people who know me in the US ha ha!! My older sister just sent me an email to that effect ha ha.

Well the sky is blue with white wispy clouds so maybe no rain in store for us, well it's almost noon, and oh good the noise stopped- maybe they're going for lunch and that's a couple of hours. I don't like to go in the hammock when they're working right in front of the house so maybe while they're at lunch I can grad some reading hammock time. I'm very excited about new shelves...I still have stuff kinda overflowing around here so that will be cool. i want to look thru some of my photos cause when my laptop crashed the other week I realize I lost SO many photos! Chela asked me to pick colors for her to paint the patio area of their restaurant. the building was painted for free by Coca Cola so -of course- it's red and white and says Coca Cola but she wants to paint all the wood posts and the wood beams for the thatched roof. The place next to her is ornage and the other side blue, and it's covered so she needs lighter shades. She loves what I chose for inside here, ha ha thought I was nuts before we did and now everybody loves it. So I wanted to show her the inside of the Petaluma house...one dark and one light shade of both purple and green, thru the whole house, but with two walls yellow- yeah sounds weird but looked fantastic. BUT- aarrgghh no photos cause I lost them all. I'm hoping my daughters have some pictures of it, or maybe I have them hard copy since I took them back on 2007 or 2008.

This house inside has 8 sections cause there are these round pillars that were holding up just the upstairs room. We enclosed this area when we bought the place. So 4 walls are purple, not too dark, 3 of them together and one on the other side. 1 wall is bright green, 2 are deep red (not next to each other), and one is orange, almost yellow. The pillars are painted too. It looks great! The bedroom is similar, but with a yellow wall and no green. So this is why Chela wants me to help and yipee cause I love doing colors! As soon as she has the money we'll go to Acapulco to Home Dept. Of course the paint is expensive...ah well this is Mexico.

So- Everardo is back- but with no wood! Damn. The guy didn't have the kind he wants, and he's the guy who's stuff Everardo likes so looks like we have to wait a week. Damn I'm so impatient when I want my projects done ha ha! again...this is Mexico!



No comments:

Post a Comment