Friday, October 5, 2012

So Everardo started painting the outside of the house today, at least the new construction portion that was painted white. So we bought the green last week in Acapulco (maybe 2 weeks ago), and he started it today and it looks great! You have to paint every 2 years as long as you use this stuff in the paint that protects against the salt. Otherwise you might have to paint every 6 months!

He also painted 2 of the 3 pillars in the house that needed it; the dark red which we had used the cheap cheap crappy crappy flat boring red. They look so good! Now only the purple one left to fix; it's also cheap cheap crappy crappy.....But we have a small can of "the good stuff" so it's next. Anyway he also painted the bookshelf that's been sitting outside for a couple of months, and gathering tools and outside stuff on it...I've been waiting for it to put the books I finish on it, as well as a few other knick knack type stuff for the upstairs. Right now the one long dresser that's up there has paperback all over it. That room is going to be painted a shade of orange (which is already is, so re-paint I guess), so the dark red shelf will be good.

The weather has been god since the rain storm, and not super hot outside, or maybe I'm getting used to it...ha ha probly not. Sam and I went to the beach today and the tide was really low, but scardy cat me still won't go in too near the rocks. I threw the stick in for my baby Sam and he must of run into a rock cause now he's limping. He paid me back by smacking his really hard head into my elbow and I thought I was paralzyed ha ha. Then we went and say basically in the arroyo, and I found a couple of beautiful shells. There are thousands of beautiful shells on the beach here (duh of course), but I can't help myself and choose one or two almost every time. Too bad I don't make jewelry ha ha.

We walked back and got Poppi, but an hour had gone by and the tide totally changed. Or maybe it was the wind, but the waves were stronger, and coming in faster, so we decided not to go in, maybe tomorrow....We walked up the road toward Casa Peidras, but Sam was limping so we came back. I also know Everardo is trying to catch the road engineer to talk to him about something....probaly about the driveway- which I think I said was about 4 feet long- ha ha it's about 10-12 feet long, so we came back. But I was glad cause the second hill sucks to walk back up and maybe it's not as hot- but I was still sweating ha ha.

Mexico Mexico what's up with the weather? Is this really the end of the rainy season? I hope so I hope so. The sky was a beautiful blue all day and I bet the sunset is going to be amazing! I love to sit on the boulders and watch the sky change colors. I was missing my daughter this morning, really missing them, and I started to feel isolated. Walking on the beach changes it. Reminds me why I wanted to come here. Of course I still miss them like crazy, but I remember why when I visited her I felt the pull to want to be here. The isolation is really still all about the language, I spent way way too much time inside my pea brain. My Spanish is alot better, still can't keep up in a group, really one on one or two, and even then I get lost- but I am getting better. And then the road pisses me off- still need 4 wheel drive to get out of the driveway, so I guess what I feel is powerless. I am a very independent person, that's how I got here in the first place ha ha. And I know it will get better. Soon I will be able to gossip and make fun of others...ok just kidding...but I just decided tomorrow I am going to drive to Marquelia to Super Precio...potholes or not. Yeah, that's whats been stopping me, after living in Petaluma- pothole central! But these should be called refrigerator holes- they are way way bigger than pots. But getting out of Super Precio you have to stay on the side street a ways, and the truck crashes down in those F***ing holes! But tomorrow I'm going. I'm not worried about the drive to get there; about 15 minutes down highway 200, and I am no longer terrified of all the taxi's passing and flying over the topes ha ha. I know the word for flour, and I need some cause I'm gonna try to make this cheese sauce I googled.

Anyway again, just writing about this makes me feel less isolated, I can talk to anyone (ha ha they just might not understand), and I can get myself anywhere I want to. So- no more isolation. I'm also the speaker tonite in a meeting and that always feels good too. Ha ha I say speaker but really I guess it's writer.

I tried to call my sister, my daughter, and my girlfriend today and none of them answered, and none have sent a FB msg to say call me call me. They don't understand! Today there is no static on the phone line! I can hear without straining. I don't have to say what? what?what? Or just try to figure out what they probly said based on the conversation. Ha ha that's what I do when people are talking to me here anyway! I mean the phone is not always static-y, but lately, yes. And you never know how long the good stuff is gonna last. Like I told my brother: in Mexico if you don't have it in your hand, you don't have it. Any day you don't know what you may or may not have....telephone, tv, internet, lights...so having a clear phone line was so exciting I wanted to use it. The internet has been kinda sucky lately (ok wait- gotta spit over my left shoulder to not jinx myself), but pretty good so far today. Which I need cause of that whole writing thing in the meeting in a couple of hours...it's funny, the tv is what we care about the least, and it seems to work the most ha ha. Well it does get kinda wacky during a storm. Uh oh what if it all stays intermittent after the rainy season is really over? haha then I will just have to keep saying, welcome to Mexico!

I looked up English meetings in Acapulco again today. After we stayed in Acapulco the other day, I'm thinking maybe we could go once a month, on a Monday or a Friday so we can go to a meeting, and a little shopping. I did find an email address I'm going to write to, I'm hoping they have a meeting not listed that's a little earlier in the day- then we wouldn't have to spend the nite. I mean we don't have to spend the nite, but it's just not a great idea to make that drive at nite.

It's getting really windy, but no dark clouds so it's kinda nice cause it keeps the air fresh. I think it's time to go sit on the rocks.....







No comments:

Post a Comment