Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Yipppeeee it did NOT rain last nite or at any time today...so far...still about 3 hours of light to go ha ha. Had to take poor Sam to the vet today; for the last 2 days he's had this kind of hacking cough, not constantly but it doesn't sound good. I would have sworn it was something caught in his throat, like a chicken bone or something- I do not give him chicken bones. I don't like to give him any bones but I know he gets them from other people, but not chicken bones. Anyway the vet said no- probly a cough from what amounts to a doggy cold, from the change in the weather.......hmmmm but he said if there was something in his throat he could feel it,- massage in a way that Sam would have reacted and he didn't, so the vet gave him a shot, and gave us a shot to give him tomorrow. And and and- this visit, including the 2 shots, was about $12.50 (150 pesos)!! Gotta love that. The vet in Petaluma was $100 to walk in, and shots...ouch! But the vet someone turned us onto in Cotati, whom I really really liked was only about $40 to walk in I think....we found him right before we left.

Anyway Everardo got the kid who's dad is working on the house next door that's being built, to work for us for a couple of days while he has no school. He's moving the paver bricks in the back yard across the yard to be around the pizza oven and it's looking really good so far. Then if he is still available, we'll have him help paint the rest of the outside. Then we have the inside of the upstairs, the kitchen and the bathroom/shower next to the kitchen- the only place we're using blue, but the tiles on the walls are blue, so blue it is.

I basically did zero today, since the vet said Sam has to stay out of the water for a few days the beach is out, and ha ha I don't do alot besides walk on the beach, climb the rocks on the beach, play in the surf on the beach....so I finished the book I was reading. Unfortunately the ending was as depressing as the rest of the book, which was pretty long, and left me unsatisfied. Gotta start another one. Makes me wonder what's up with the author to write something soooo depressing, and have it simply trail off in the end, with no hope. Bitch. And I liked the title, and wondered how it would tie together at the end, Pooh. It's like reading Jodi Piccoult, oh my god I read several before i realized they are all like that- disturbing as hell, staying with me for days....Yuck!

I think we're still gonna try to talk to the Commisario today, we have some paperwork we need to file for the house in order to get it ready for sale. Monday we were in Acapulco and yesterday- well yesterday it rained so we couldn't talk to him. Nothing gets done here on the phone. It's all in person. So you have to hope stores or offices are open. And there's no logic to when they will be open or closed, with the possible exception of Sunday when most stuff is closed, and sometimes Monday morning....

But we did just eat the first oysters Everardo caught today. Do you call it caught for oysters? He brught them home and almost killed himself trying to get them open- ok not almost killed, but he required sanitozing and band aids on his hand and his leg from the sharp knife he used to get the oysters open. I took pictures of everything and then we ate them...yummy. I think he was pretty proud of himself, or at least happy to have gone and done it. He said we'll eat lobster caught by him before we leave this place too! All the guys who go fishing now stop by with a honk and/or a yell to see if he wants to go, it's nice to see him get excited and take off. I want him to have some fun, because he works his ass off around here, and sometimes I feel bad about it. This was not supposed to be a "project house", but that's what it's been. The damn rain hanging on for so many months has caused us more problems than just the mud coming down the driveway (ha ha I said "just" when it's a huge pain in the butt); but the ground is saturated and so now when it rains we flood outside right away. He's fixed the roof, the windows upstairs and downstairs, door locks on the wood doors, aluminum shower door repair, kitchen roof, painting and now irrigation...oh built the outside oven, and repaired the fencing in places, oh and digging constantly in the front to make additional parking between the new road (if it ever gets finished) and our front fence. Now he's replacing plastic pipes for house runoff in the back, too.
He's been working so hard and I've been complaining about my own stuff...I suddenly realized how much he's doing. yesterday in the pouring rain when we had to drive to Marquelia to a piece of pipe and try to get the pump repaired which quit working in the rain...he said- oh god let's just go....
What a good guy I'm married to......



No comments:

Post a Comment