Thursday, November 1, 2012

No electricity all day! Hmmmm it's Nov 1, so wonder what's coming up for month 6? Well we took a drive cause we wanted to take Sam to another vet since we agreed we didn't like the guy yesterday. BUt when we got there, of course, the guy wasn't there. But we did get his cell phone number so we can call him in the morning and meet him there. His assistant was there though and we showed him the medicine we gave Sam yesterday. He said it won't hurt him and he gave him the second injection for us, but he said the medicine was basically for drying up liquid/mucus and we should probly see the vet. He also said people who went to the vet we visited in Copala usually then came to Marquelia. Don't know if that was true or he was just dissing the other guy...

Anyway on the way there we went to the little town of Salinas. We always pass the sign for it on the way to Marquelia, so we drove down there. A smaller quieter town than Playa Ventura. We tried to stop for sopes, but they no longer served food as a resturant, only make and sell tortillas...but really I just wanted to see the little town. They don't have access to the beach so they don't get too many people coming thru. Then we came back out to the main road and took the next side road which was to Playa Azul. That road looks like it's going to be paved; at least most of the way out to the beach, then we drove along the beach and came to a small resort/resturant. I think it's a place I saw when I was here last Feb with Cathy, but then there were no people. There were just a few, and we're thinking of going back out there this weekend, without Sam so we can enjoy a leisurely meal while watching the waves; it's a really pretty spot, and south of Playa Venura.

So after Sam's doctor visit we went to get eggs and cheese and cantaloupe, and Everardo bought some tamales wrapped in banana leaves, but they were too spicy for me so I had to wait until we got home. We also got the length of plastic pipe he needs to complete a restoration project in the backyard, then hit Super Precio last for american cheese and ice cream. Goofy place- the little standing freezer with the ice cream has a sliding glass top and is right against the front window of the store, and the sun blazes in all day. So the freezer was packed to the brim with the little cartons of ice cream, which I've been waiting for ...and it was all mushy...but I really wanted it so I figured ok we drive straight home and I put it in the freezer for tonite. ha ha!! Joke was on me- we got home and the electricity was out.Well I put it in the fridge anyway cause at least it was cold in there.

The electricity finally came on a while ago. Ha ha we only waited about an hour and then had some nice soupy ice cream...

Everardo went fishing early this morning, and brought home some more oysters, but he is determined to get some lobsters. He made some kind of metal stick with a hook on the end which he's gonna use to get them. Since I know nothing about it, I said.."good honey, I can hardly wait to eat lobster that YOU catch!" Hopefully I will have a positive report on that score tomorrow!




No comments:

Post a Comment