Friday, November 23, 2012

Chambuleke (dragonfly) flying around my head, an iguana a few rocks away sunning himself, pelicans swooping down and skimming so close to the water I don't know how they keep their balance! Flocks of these white birds; probly a type of seagull but much smaller and shorter wings, hovering and diving- there must be school of fish this morning. There was even 2 herons; I think they were herons, long necks and long legs, walking around at the water's edge a ways down the beach from me. One of them left and flew right past me, long legs straight out the back, but his head close to his body with his neck bent in a U going down... The ocean is amazing every morning as I sit and drink my coffee, but this morning it just feels...I don't know..like..more. The way the waves crash agaonst the rocks, and slip up the beach, bringing shells with them, leaving some and taking others back out with them. And the way the sea looks when I stare out in front of me, it looks as if it goes on forever. It's like this place is the drfinition of the universe. Everything comes together, the water, the fish, the birds, the rocks, the sand, then the trees, the wind. Feels like life, all of life. When I turned my head and saw the iguana that comes out to sun himself, I thought,  wow this morning is everything. Makes it hard to leave, but leave we will.

The day we went up the mountain to the cemetery for the Dia de los Muertos, there were hundreds of dragonflies swarming above us. I am a chambuleke lover, so it was especially amazing. When I sit out on my rock in the mornings, usually it's just a couple, but it's nice that they come every day. Some of the pelicans have white heads. Ha ha my mother would be able to identify all these birds! She was a bird watcher, Mrs Twilligers bird watching club ha ha. I can only say the white birds that look like a type of seagull, only different, the long legged birds that look like a heron, only different, the pelicans, some with white heads and long beaks but not real deep like the cartoons...Anyway the pelicans seem to glide right under where the wave is about to peak, where it starts to curl, turn white and the foam spills over....but they never get caught. I was hoping (again) this morning to maybe see some dolphins since there must be so many fish to attract that many birds, but I didn't see any. No worries; my god, this morning was such a gift with all those birds, and my iguana friend and my chambulekes! It's pretty easy to feel spiritual in the face of all that I'll tell ya.

But I can only sit out there for about an hour or hour and a half because by then I am so hot, sweaty and soaked clear thru. I should take my rain umbrella out there! I always see women walking with the umbrellas for the sun but I haven't purchased one yet....but I do have my purple rain umbrella and it would work just as well I'm sure...cause man it gets so hot out there. I guess maybe the weather has changed a little, I can stay out there an hour instead of only 20-30 minutes....but it is still just so hot. I'm sitting in the house with the fan on me and it's 9:30am...I can't believe I am about to write that I miss the cold. OMG I said it! BUt it's true. Ok I don't miss freezing cold, or for sure I don't miss rainy and cold, but cool enough to wear sleeves, or long pants. In 6 months I have worn long pants only the week we went to Morelia, and then only at nite, and then only 2 of the nites.

I kinda miss shoes and sock, altho sometimes I wear tennis shoes and peds, but those aren't really socks ha ha. I had this thing- planta Flaciaitis (I know spelled completely wrong) a couple years back and it's some kind of damage to the muscle in your heel where it meets a joint..something to that effect anyway. Well I had to wear this speacial boot back then for several weeks, and then I need to put inserts in my shoes or wear Danskins that have the special arch. I love Dasnskins, very comfortable but very expensive, like $100usd per pair. But I don't wear any of that here, just flip flops, and so some days my foot really hurts and I get all limpy. So I wear the tennis shoes now when I know I'll be walking alot one day. I wore them with a skirt to the fair this past weekend cause I knew we'd be dancing and I wanted to be able to walk the next day ha ha! So the internet says Puerto Penasco gets down into the 60's at nite during the cold season, hey that's cold enough for me. And probly colder since I'm sure that's just an average. Yeah I haven't worn sleeves in 6 months either except for Morelia, in fact I cut the sleeves off of a couple of things, but luckily not too many things since we're not staying. I cut off 2 pairs of sweat pants as well, but I still have a couple of pairs so it's all good.

It was so nice to talk to my family yesterday, both my kids- I talk to Drewy alot and I love it. Halla is a little harder to catch up with, 19 school and work, busy girl and that's a good thing. I also talked to my brother and left 2 msgs for my older sister, one in the morning and one at nite so maybe I'll try her after this post. Poppi is outside working on something, sounds like he's cutting metal...loud...I think maybe he's altering the rack that goes on the truck. The construction workers are not out there today and that's not great cause we still can't put the truck in our yard cause they have to fix the driveway. Yesterday they didn't get too far...ha ha par for the course...they work so slow; they've been working on our patch of the road for 6 months! Lots of guys working really slow...ha ha gov't workers of the world unite! But it's Friday and usually they work Friday and half of Sat...and then half of Monday ha ha. Everardo was going to make them a chicken soup; he makes it with whole pieces of chicken, thighs, legs, wings, and potatoes and rice, etc. But they don't seem to be out there...so it will be next week before our driveway is usuable. Kinda sucks cause walking up and down it is no picnic either. It's only about 10 feet, but steep and like I said I only wear flip flops if I wear shoes at all. Well lately I always wear shoes cause once the symptoms come back they stay a long time, especially when you keep re-injuring it....

Well it should be another beautiful day, probly a swim in the ocean, and maybe in Chela's pool too, a nap in the hammock...a walk down the beach...well actually if he finishes the paint upstairs I can put that room back together and take some pictures. I want to make a little 8.5x11 sheet with house photos and laminate it and leave one with Chela for a for sale sign. The guy who's gonna stay was here last nite and (of course) he thinks he can sell it too. We told him the price we want for us, and anything over that he can have....oh and I just found a book I haven't read, so.....

No comments:

Post a Comment