Thursday, November 22, 2012

It's Thanksgiving! Well in the states anyway; here it's simply Thursday. We are not having turkey and stuffing today, but we are having my favorite little pork chops- ok not really chops, sorta more "rounds" ha ha cause I don't know what to call them. Small round bone in each piece with that yummy fat to suck out of them. It doesn't really feel like Thanksgiving; it's hot outside, the kids are at school, the guys are outside working on the road. The job that never ends ha ha. Eveardo made us a yummy breakfast though; potatoes, onions, eggs and cheese. mmmmm. Later I had a pb&j, my favorite any time, and he had ham & cheese. I started a new book in the hammock and had a nap.

I called and talked to Drewy (daughter #1) earlier, and they're gonna have Thanksgiving at her dad's house with daughter #2. They are very excited cause they just signed a lease for a house and they've been in a condo for a few years, so it's very cool. I'm so happy for them. Then to top it off her bf, Rex won $500 on a $1 lottery ticket this morning. Happy Thanksgiving. Anyway they also have his daughter with them for the day so they're having a nice family celebration. I'll keep calling Halla (daughter #2) until I get her today, but we did at least chat a tiny bit- ok left each other messages on FB saying I love you. I also called my older sister twice, once this morning & just now, but had to leave messages each time. I did get to talk to my brother though, so that was nice. They were in the middle of Thanksgiving dinner so we made it kinda short, but talked about how much closer we'll be when we move, so hopefully they'll be able to visit. I've tried to stay up today, not feel sad that I'm missing the holiday. Actually I really miss the AA alcathon that goes for 24 hours.

Everardo took apart our dining room table and packed it in the trailer. It looks like a picnic table, nice wood with benches, obviously for inside the house. I love that table, we had it in the Petaluma house and brought it down here, Of course I think we ate at it exactly once since we've been here. We always eat outside, or if inside, just at our regular watch tv or use our laptop places; we have a small coffee table. And yes, still using the fake wicker outside couch and 2 chairs as our living room furniture. Well I'm glad we never had anything made yet; we'd just have to cart it up north. Last couple of days we've been packing up everything that we don't use, trying to see how much room we have, what we want to take. Looks like it will be everything except the furniture and my elliptical
and books. But we will come back for it all after we get settled.

The guy who's gonna watch the house for us just came by. I guess we're offering him and his wife to live here if they want since they are living with parents and maybe grandparents. They have a baby who's just walking- anyway he's going to talk to his wife and let us know what they want to do. We are also trying to decide the price- the amount we want to get in our bank account; then if he sells it he cam ask for more and keep the "more". Chela and Gume also think they might be able to find someone, so as I say, we need to decide our bottom line.

He almost finished painting the upstairs room today and I think the outside is done. The to do list is geting pretty small.

We went to San Marcos on Tuesday and changed the electricity into our name and we have the deed, finally, so we're just about ready....

No comments:

Post a Comment