Friday, December 14, 2012

I'd like to say that I slept all day yesterday because I had so much fun all nite at the Virgin of Guadalupe celebration. Not. We missed it by 24 hours, exactly. Apparently the midnite mass starts on the morning of the day, not the end of the day. So the huge fiesta we heard going on with the streets blocked off was the party! We went down there about 11pm and there was food and some music, but it was winding down, the mass had been at 10pm. Everardo asked a lady and she told us the big celebration was the nite before. ooops- well ok there's always next year. We see processions every day, and the local parks have lights and Christmas displays, and lots of houses have Christmas trees in their windows.  

All morning this morning I have been trying to get my bedroom organized, namely my personal stuff, make up, jewerly, lotions, etc. I don't even wear makeup but...ya never know. However, the news has been on for the last 3 hours in the next room and I have to say here that my heart is broken for the families of the kids hurt/killed in this Conn school. And for all the kids, who survived but will forever be affected, changed by this horrible tragedy. I can't imagine what all the parents are going thru. My babies who are 19 & 27 will always be my babies. ok an now my anger..WHAT THE FUCK?? An elementary school? The shooter had connections? again...what the fuck? These are children...little children. I cannot, I do not, understand how something like this happens. And i'm not talking about the school or how the guy walked in there, I am talking about him. WTF! And how does nobody know anything's wrong? Ok ok enough from me on this.

Ok I'm back. The house is sooo close to being done. Pictures up on the shelves hubby made for me. Not all on the walls yet, though. And 2 wall candidates have broken glass that I want to get repaired as soon as possible; I know how it goes, they get put aside and....well. One is my painting of the 3 girls on bicycles- I probly already said this, but I bought it at a consignment store for $5 when Drewy was 1. It went center stage in our tiny living room in the apartment she and I had when we first left the sperm bank (my pet name for the jackass I was married to; probly enough said) It has been with me for 26 years, I always think of myself as the one in the middle- the 2 on the outsides have dark hair, but she is a blonde like me. She looks happy and carefree, ready to take on the world. I needed that back then, and need to be reminded of it now and again. The other is one of those frames where I put a bunch of family pictures in a frame; it;s rectangular, and I've had it hanging in my bedroom for about 6 years, and I want it too. Well maybe this wknd since the clutter is starting to disapate...but I must say this place feel like home.

In a way, more than the Playa Ventura house. I had all my stuff up, and it did feel like home. But never,...well I think "cozy" is the word. I guess because it's always hot, so you never really "curl up", except of course in the hammock...but no snuggling in bed or on the couch- it's too hot to be too close. I'm sure given time I would have assimilated to the heat, maybe. But I never really liked my bedroom. We were planning on moving out a wall, even three feet would have worked. Cause our bed was only an inch from the wall on three sides, so you had to crawl in and out at the end of the bed. Now we both have room on our own side of the bed, for putting on shoes, ease of getting up at 4am to pee, even making the bed- which I detested every single morning. So if we moved out the wall if would have been perfect; we were thinking of making it a big picture window cause that wall faced the sea. It would have been relatively inexpensive and looked great. That's one thing about that area, maybe all of Mexico I don't know, but Guerrero construction is really cheap. So it would have been a good idea. I'm just glad we didn't jump into it; we looked at a few things, like changing the window frames to wood, changing the doors, but luckily we decided to wait for everything until we lived there thru all the seasons...ha! Good decision since we were bleeding money down there on things we HAD to do vs "good ideas".

Have to say, I love putting on socks! I love putting on lotion! I haven't taken the Autan out of the plastic bag I put it in! Yipee. I like pajamas, and blankets. So this morning early, before I started the bedroom task, while I was having coffee, I googled the temperatures here. December is the coldest month of the year, and it's in the 60's. Not bad I say. And although it rained last nite, there is zero rain in the forecast until next summer! You know, 60's is cold, but totally bearable with levis, socks, and sweatshirt or jacket. Ha ha last nite I was wearing my sweatshirt that says "Do it sober" and we went to a Spanish meeting and I noticed nobody said anything about my cool sweatshirt...hmmmm did I say Spanish meeting? Big DUH! for me...these guys speak zero English so I'm sure they don't read it ha ha. AA is for anonymous, bt about others, I can "out" myself, and I don't care who knows I'm an alcoholic,, AA saved my life and helped me to be a much better person. I love being present for all the things that happen in my life..ha ha I'm sure my kids appreciate it! But I digress (as usual). So anyway the website I found for the temps showed 60's for Dec, then low 70's for Jan, mid/high 70's for Feb, then 80's in March. I didn't look any farther but I am happy. I realized living in Guerrero that saying hot all the time was good- was a mistake- for me. I like it to be cold sometimes, you know, the whole socks thing? And 60's is definitely cold enough for me. Then I read that the rainy season is July August and the average rainfall is 2 inches...(I think I need to re-check that one). I did see though, that it said not commonly, but can happen is 122 degrees in the summer!! 122 degrees???? Ok that might call for a small vacation ha ha.

Well Everardo finally hit a wall and after breakfast, and a little work outside, he came in and turned on his computer, and then said to me, why do I feel like sleeping? I said baby you have been in high gear for 2 weeks getting us settled, helping our neighbor/landlord, finding old friends, unpacking all the boxes you just packed up and drove for 3 days 12+ hours a day....you do get to take a break! So he has been snoring on the couch for about 3 hours. I'm glad. he works hard. He takes care of us. This place does make me feel less isolated and I'm not afraid to drive or go take care of business, but he still takes on alot. So sleep baby- all day if you want...I love you!

Ok time to take Sam for a walk. It's too cold for the hammock yet, but next month.....yeah we gotta a place for it...

No comments:

Post a Comment