Wednesday, December 12, 2012

I'm so happy...I have internet! I am not sitting next to the open door trying to connect to my neighbors internet- I am actually sitting on the couch and the door is closed. Well the neighbor who is also our landlord...and our real estate person ha ha, told us today she is going to try to leave (move) for Phoneix this weekend! She sold her car and so she's ready to go. She wasn't able to rent her little place out so her plan is to offer it for wknds or longer vacation. She asked us to help out by monitoring the people, and keeping the property nice- which we would have done anyway since this is our home. So we said yes and she lowered our rent. Yipee. So this is going to be all ours. We are both so happy. The yard is all ours! I empited more boxes today- having the extra shelves really helps, altho basically I empited boxes onto shelves and it still has to be arranged. The big thing is that the clothes are done! In drawers or hung up; and a few things are in bins, sweats and stuff.

So today is the Day of Virgin of Guadalupe and I think we're going to a mass at midnite, then there are other things, like singing to her? It has a name but I forget what it was. I really like hearing all the church bells. I missed that in Playa Ventura, the church had only a traveling priest and I only heard the church bells for a funeral. Here I think I will hear them on Sundays like in Sam Miguel Allende where it seems like I heard them all day. I know I heard some this past Sunday but I wasn't paying attention- they were ringing and I had it in the back of my mind.

I did not get out the Christmas decorations yet. But it feels close. I saw on Facebook a picture of my daughter's house, really just the stairs with Christmas lights winding around the banister, and at the first landing was a little table with a Santa Claus painted onto a gourd. I reconized it and started to get that Christmasy feeling...so yeah, maybe tomorrow.

Oh and we just finished eating these huge shrimps, I swear they taste like lobster. We went down to the boats and bought them off a guy so they were soooooo fresh. A purely simple meal; shrimp sauteed in garlic and onions and butter. ha ha and we ate Ritz cracker with them. It may have been the best meal I ever had.....ok well at least rivals the lobster we ate in Playa Ventura that was caught while Everardo was with the guys fishing. I took photos right before we ate, and after writing this post I'll put the pics on my Facebook.

It's cold in here. It's cold in the house when it's warm outside and so as nite approaches, it gets really cold in here. But yesterday we bought really soft snuggly comforters, one for each of us. Light brown on one side and they look like sheepskin on the other. Really soft and purrrrfect for being cozy on the couch, for internet, a good book, or just plain old watchin' tv. I think when the weather starts to change and be hot, I will love the coolness of this house. I find I'm comfy in sweat pants and tshirt, or pajama pants & a sweat shirt. Yeah, brings me back to my thoughts about redefining paradise ha ha. I think paradise is where I feel good at any given moment. Kinda like home is where the heart is. I do know that I won't ever say again I want to live somewhere that's never cold...ha ha cause it was always always hot hot hot. Sweaty push you down into the ground hot. I went to sleep and woke up sweaty, sometimes putting on anything I had to pull over my head or had elastic (or my bra) was such a drag, I sweat even more. And forget long pants or socks. you know what? I like socks, my feet like socks and shoes. Unfortunately for me a get that plantar fascitis so I need to wear shoes with arch support. All my tennis shoes have an insert, and I also wear Dansko's that are already made that way. But in Playa Ventura I only wore flipflops, and finally, after a few months I started to get it again. It can take a YEAR to get rid of it. But I started wearing the brace I bought to stretch the muscle and tennis shoes when I could. But it's just so hot, I mostly wore slip flops.

I also LOVE shoes, so now i have them all lined up in my closet ha ha after 6 months of sitting in a suitcase. But I also loved Playa Ventura. I loved the beach, my house sitting on the beach. Laying in the hammock and reading my book. Walking down to chat with my amiga. Walking to the store on the corner and getting an ice cream. The sound of the ocean. I could watch the ocean for literally hours on end. The pelicans, other birds, the iguanas sunning themselves on the rocks near me. The sun. The wonderful sun.....

Oh I saw a guy selling little parrots on the side of the road today. Then I saw his partner on the other side of the street. I'd love to have a little parrot. The people across the street have 2 birds who sign and make noise all day- I like it very much. We had talked about before we came to Mexico but it was never the right time. It's not the right time now, but, when we went back out together we saw them again so Everardo pulled over to talk about the price. We want to get one, but maybe in a few weeks, we need to be a little more settled. And we want to build a big cage, a really big cage, like a chicken coop for it. Ha ha and teach it to say "Sam- get the cat, get the cat!" That will drive Sam nuts ha ha. I heard or read once if you get one bird you can get very personal with it, but if you get more than one, they will only have interest in each other, I'll try to google it....

Well Poppi is napping on the couch and I should too cause going out at midnite it late for me--very late!  Yeah that's another thing- it's safe to go out at nite here! Last nite we went to the Spanish meeting which starts at 8pm and we drove across town and I said- wow there's life at nite! Stores and resturants were open and people had Christmas decorations lit up in their yards. Not too say there wasn't activity in the neighboring towns at nite in Guerrero; it just wasn't always safe to drive to them after dark, and we didn't know which were the safe nites, so after a while we just didn't go anywhere after dark unless it was in walking distance ha ha. People keep being surprised that we lived in Guerrero, close to Acapulco, and I'm talking about Mexicans. I keep saying we were fine, we were safe, but a guy the other day said, no- maybe you were fine, but you were not safe. You look very normal and family like, so you would have probly always been fine, but you were not safe. hmmmm, well we talked about it and Everardo agreed with the guy, I mean after all like I just wrote above, we didn't go anywhere at nite. And right before we left someone got kidnapped. Not in Playa Ventura, but close by. We drove up to Acapulco alot for things and were usually just in shopping areas; but we went much more than anybody else who lived around us. Well anyway we were fine. We never saw anything bad or scary or illegal.One time only we saw the federales with their ski masks on going into a building but we looked away like everybody else....So maybe this is better- like I said we can go out at nite ha ha!! Ok nap time...


No comments:

Post a Comment