Sunday, February 17, 2013

I saw my last post said it was Saturday but I wrote it Friday nite, and not that late, but it still showed the next day. I know I didn't write anything yesterday cause I woke up sick as a dog. Coughing stuff head, later chills and sweats. Today is better but I am so weak. Layed around all day excpet for going for a drive cause I wanted to get out of the house, so Poppi took me and Sam for a drive and we found a stretch of beach we hadn't seen before and the fresh aor was nice.

I tried going to the Shrimp park for the Iron Chef competition but I lasted about 10 minutes. I was sweating and it was so crowded, luckily I had found a great parking spot easily so stated making my way out when Sam bumped me- Everardo and Sam came to get me to go to the beach. So I left my car there and went with them in the truck, but I was so weak I stayed in the cab while they walked down to the beach and Sam chased the ball into the water for a while. Man I feel like death warmed over- I think my Mom used to say that cause it's always in my head when I'm sick.

I can't really think to straight but for some reason I just thought of losing my perfect pancake. Yeah I've tried to make pancakes twice since we've lived here. Not sure I've ever made them before- made french toast- wait not I haven't but I've made waffles for sure! Ha ha I am quite the cook- not. But Drewy is a good cook; she makes dinner for her little family, and when I was talking to her the other nite she was reading a recipe to make whatever dish she was working on. Her dad was a good cook and I'm glad both girls like to cook. Ha ha I'm just smart enough to marry men who love to cook. My ex, and Everardo, too. He can make something out of nothing. When we first met I called him "Stone Soup", you know that story about when they had nothing to eat, but they boiled a big part of water, then someone came and added a carrot, someone added something else and so on....That's my Poppi, he make something yummy when we got nothin'.

So anyway a few days ago I had a tortilla go the same way as the perfect pancake and now I'm wondering just how much food, and other things, silverware maybe, is down there. It's such a skinny space, maybe I'm feeding a mouse? Ok so in between the stove and the end of the counter is a space, maybe less than an inch across. When I was attempting pancakes, the very last one was this perfect shape, and the perfect color, golden brown and I knew it wouldn't be too doughy, this one was going on the top of Everardo's stack. As I swooped it up with the spatula, it slid right off the side and down in that crevice! I never even noticed that damn crevice before! So I made pancakes one more time, a couple of weeks ago, and now I see what I need that long flat pan that you see used to make a few at a time. I watch now in the segundas for one- so of course I'm not seeing one ha ha. Then a few nites ago a tortilla jumped down the same hole. So what happens to that stuff? A mouse? Or would it start to stink when it gets old. But that would have already happened, right?

Well except for being sick, so I'm weak and yucky, I am a very happy woman. My man is sitting here, at the other end of the couch, on his laptop, and Sam is sleeping on the floor between us. My daughter is getting married and the next few months will be so fun to listen to her plans, her excitement, ha ha her insanity. Thank God I'm sober and will be present for it all. In 2 day I will have 12 years of sobriety, and for that I am forever grateful. To be a part of my daughters lives....I always was, physically at least, but there were times when I said the right words or showed up at the right places, but in my head I wasn't there. For me, that what alcohol does, becomes more important than anything or anyone. And Everardo having his daughter back in his life...the same thing- if he were getting loaded and/or doing drugs, this wouldn't be happening either. So life is...I almost said a bowl of cherries, but I don't like cherries. Life is...a big jar a peanut butter! Yeah cause I LOVE peanut butter.

No comments:

Post a Comment