Friday, February 22, 2013

Ok so very boring- still sick, but much much better than any other day this week. Went to see a new doctor yesterday and liked him very much. He's my new doctor. For one thing ha ha he doesn't smoke. They have this chain of pharmacies in Mexico called Similares and some of them have these doctor consultants next door. It's about 30pesos to talk to them (less than $3US). Anyway he reminded me of the doctor I saw in Guerrero, caring. I showed him what the other doctor gave me, and he said well it could be prescribed with another drug, but he wouldn't choose it. So yipee that I never went back for more. But I was also not getting any better, which prompted Everardo to say this is crazy, get up we're going to a different dr. Anyway he checked me out and gave me a different antibiotic that seems to be working, the cough has lessesned greatly, my chest doesn't hurt, and most of yipee again- he gave me a sleeping pill so I actually slept more than 2 hours in a row which is what's been going on since last Saturday. Sleep deprivation is a true torture. I have been in a daze, and starting to get depressed. I had the same problem during chemo; I would stare at the ceiling all nite and was getting really depressed and having scary thoughts. I finally told the drs who said-why didn;t you say so and gave me something for sleep, however it didn't really work very well. So I hav no great expectaions for these pills, but that's ok, just sleeping about 3 hours yesterday afternoon and then almost all nite has given me a new lease on life! Did I say yipee? ok enough sick talk!!

I sent an email to the Spanish teacher and said if the MWF class isn;t coming together next week then I'm happy to join the T-Th class- I just want to get moving on this. I feel like I am almost understanding when casual conversations are going on around me, and I want it! I want it! I want it! Who knows where this will lead as I am able to communicate with more people. And maybe with AA I can go with Anna out to the rehabs and the women's jail to bring meeting in Spanish. So I am feeling very optimistic about this, another sign that I'm feeling better ha ha. I might even go sit outside for awhile today and read. I've felt so crappy I couldn;t even read.

And it's been cold. But I just looked at the 10 day forecast and it says next week we will be back in the 70's and moving higher each day. again- yipee. I can't believe it's almost March! The time is flying by here. But man I need the warmth. This is/was supposedly an un naturally cold winter for this area, but if it happens next year maybe we'll go spend a couple of months in Playa Ventura, or try somewhere new like Baja- keep paying rent here, but go somewhere warm, even for a few weeks. There seems to be more people coming down here, the streets are busier and I think the vemdors at the malecon are starting to get busier. Everardo is trying to figure out where he can fit in down there to make some bucks. I am also hoping that a construction job comes thru for him, although that's still problt at least a month away. But it is coming. I'm glad for this area that some construction is coming- there are so many Mexicans out of work.

I guess on the resort side things are coming up, like the Tequila Fest, a golf tournament, car racing, and I'm sure that must be good for all the Mexican vendors too so bring it on.

What else will the good weather bring? Scorpions? I heard a guy who got bit the other day and I was surprised but told it's cause it's too cold right now, but they a comin'. That's ok I always wear my slippers in the house when it starts getting dark- learned it in Playa Ventura ha ha. Down there once I saw a tarantula fighting a chicken (yeah I know I told this before), and on my own patio I saw a puppy fighting a scorpion- that scorpion was waving his tail like mad and the puppy was barking- then Poppi squished it. So we'll see what the warm desert weather brings. This is a completely different environment, the desert...and I really haven't explored too much yet. But I will....


No comments:

Post a Comment