Monday, March 25, 2013

Still Monday but my day got progressively better...Everardo got back home around 2 and said- hey let's go to the beach! Sam heard the word "beach" and it's like when he hears the word "park"; he starts jumping all over the place. So off to the beach we went, but to a new place. The best place yet, My new place. It's down in Las Conchas, where some of our friends live. It's not gated, but it has security and it's a neighborhood, a huge neighborhood of HUGE houses, lots and lots of them; different shapes, winding stairs on the outside, stairs on the inside, decks on the roof, or big patios.

Now this area was hit just the same as everywhere else down here, and lots of houses are for sale. Lots of houses are in varying stages of being built and it just stopped. We have some friends who live in one nice house for free, as caretakers, but the electric is killing them. I know some other people who live out there, but the one complaint everybody has is the electric bills- $500 a month and up. We pay about $35 for 2 months, and we are not trying to conserve. I think it's a few things, maybe in winter these huge open homes use alot of heat, maybe in summer it's the same for the AC. I also hear that the electric is charged in these levels, and once you bump up a level (based on useage), you never go back down...The charges are higher on the beach side of town, especially in the condos and the mansions.

However, this mansion neighborhood, which has miles of beach, is the nicest beach I visited since I've been here. They have a security gate to drive in there, but if you say you're visiting someone, they give you this square of paper for your dash. I couldn't remember my friend's address the day I went to pick her up, but they gave me the paper anyway. And now the truck has this sticker, and when they see it we can just drive thru. Everardo's gonna get one for the car as well. He got it cause he walks the beach down there to sell stuff. They just write down the number on the sticker, and it just takes a second. Poppi says all I have to say is I'm taking my dog to the beach- they don't care cause they wrote down the number on the sticker. The sand is nice, I found a really pretty shell today, and the spiral shells I was collecting on the first beach (Sandy Beach), well they were on this beach in actual piles- piles way up on the beach. Both Sandy Beach and the second place I found that I liked, have this volcanic rock, like a slab in the whole beach, with craters and holes; once I saw Sam slip and actually fall on his side right on his shoulder, so I don't really like either of those beaches, except when the tide is high enough so that when he goes in the water, he's swimming by the time he hits that part. If he's just walking along, exploring it's ok, but the other day I left as soon as I saw the tide going out. But this place...no rocks, no slab of rocky holes. Ha ha no wonder the expensive homes were built in that area..duh right? But if I can go there anytime I want- then who cares? It's about 5 minutes more to get there past my number 2 beach (The Mirador). Yep I'm getting the names down and the streets...

Anyway just wanted to check back in to say the day ended nicely. Everardo & Sam went swimming- first swim in the ocean up here for Everardo...I didn't go in- it wasn't freezing but it was cold, and I thought, man I got so much time to do this, so for today I take pictures, sit in the beach chair that has the shade thing for your head, read...But I didn't read, I watched them play, I watched the water, I watched other people on the beach (not too many), then I laid on a towel like Everardo did when he got out of the water, and took a small nap. I worked on my tan. I was SO tan in Guerrero wiout trying ha ha...but I'm pretty tan here, too. On the way home we picked up a griled chicken, the Sinaloa way where they chop it up in front of you, give you the fixin's (shredded cabbage, onion, hot sauce, tortillas, corn and flour), brought it home, gobbled it up. Now lounging....

No comments:

Post a Comment