Monday, March 25, 2013

Monday already! And not turning out as planned either...Mexico is the best place for the saying...best laid plans.....This week Semana Santa and so the second big opening week of the season. Last Thursday my Spanish teacher, Isabel told me that she and her novio (boyfriend) have the same beer concession Thurs thru Sunday so we agreed to do class Monday and Tuesday instead of Tue-Thur. I sill wanted to get 2 classes a week in. I am very motivated and want to stay that way. So she agreed- then I asked if it could be from 12-2, since Monday is the day Everardo takes off work; then he could go to his nooner (AA meeting) which is an hour and a half, and I could have class. She said she'd get back to me, and when I didn't hear by last nite I emailed her. She replied about 9pm and said yes noon was good for her as well. Ok good.

So Everardo left around 10am cause there was a guy who wanted to buy a necklace with an elephant on it and he found one yesterday so thought he'd see if the guy was around. I think someone who was staying at the rv park. Some other people asked him the day before yesterday if he sold burritos, and he said no, but he could....they said they'd buy what he had. So yesterday morning he got up, spent about $5 USD and made burritos. Less than an hour later he called to happily tell me he sold them all, already, for $25 bucks- so $20 profit...not too bad eh? Friday, when I took Sam to the beach, I saw Poppi and he had found 2 key chains on the ground, they both had 2 little Mexican sandals on them-harachis? Tiny, one set green and the other blue I think...anyway he sold one of those for $5 ha ha. So he kinda has his finger on the pulse, I think he'll probly find the guy who wants the elephant necklace...then he's going to his meeting and there's a guy there who is interested in buying the trailer so he wants to talk to him too.

Anyway this morning at 9:58 Isabel emails me- she can't make class. I only checked my email on my phone cause I had been hanging laundry on the line right up until 10, and as I ram to pee really quick before she arrived I grabbed my phone to check email, actually more to see if Halla (my younger daugher) had sent me a msg. That's the other thing- I wanted to talk to her on the phone, since lately we mostly have been fb chatting and I don't want to lose the closeness we found when she visited. i want to ask her how she is, after the mess with her friend dying and the cover up that seems to have happened to protect the hotel I guess, and maybe the concert venue as well. Also 2 of her friends went to Europe for this semester for school, then there's someone she's kinda crushin' on, who is a friend but kinda...well I'm not sure if that person knows how she feels, or just isn't interested in anything more than friends...this daughter kinda hangs in a group of kids that are all really close. She's also about to finish her second year of college! I am sooooo proud of her! Ok so we were gonna talk about 1pm today, but then I had to send her a message and say I had a class that's not usually on Monday and what would be a good time to call later? She hadn't replied, but Isabel did with this story about a student from England in the beginner class at Las Conchas who was really sick and at some clinic and they didn't know who to call...so maybe we could have class later. I'm sure it was a valid story, ha ha I almost wrote excuse....but it feels like it's always something...I emailed her back and said ok no problem, but let's just skip it for today and I'd see her tomorrow for our regularly scheduled class.
I immediately tried to call Karen out at the center cause she told me she had asked a guy who had previously tutored her husband Mark, if he would teach her, Mark, and Kelly, and he's half the price. I was interested but felt bad to Isabel, but now, not so much. I understand this is Mexico and everything is inconsistent. If you don't have it in your hand, you don't have it. But I also pay her about twice the price it should be here. It's still not much, but for this area, it's alot. So- I can can switch to something more consistent I will. I didn't get thru to her and I'll try later and/or send an email. Like I said, I'm motivated and I want do this. I didn't do it in Playa Ventura for 6 months, my espanol improved a little bit. Buy here, between the center teaching English, Isabel and now my women's AA meeting, I think I can improve much more quickly.

I tried to send another message to Halla, but I'll just call her in a little while.

At the beach on Friday with Sam, we stayed 2 hours and there were a few more people, and some were swimming, Sam too of course. I had his ball with me, the hard one that rolls farther on the grass than a tennis ball does. He was whinning before he even got out of the car, something he does now whenever we get near the water. It's funny, in my 20's I had this black lab named Sapphire. He was a good dog, too. And whenever we went camping or for the day to a lake, he would start whining when we got close to the water- I think they can smell it, you know? So Sam was bursting to get out of the truck, and I let him out and he started jumping at me to throw the ball. So I had a folding chair and a bag from Trader Joes with a towel (yep I smartened up yuck yuck), and my book, my purse at the bottom, a big bottle of water...and of course his ball. So I lugged it down the sand, and threw the ball...and realized.....it was the HARD RUBBER ball that I use in the park cause it rolls farther on the grass....but sinks in the ocean. I thought all that as it flew (ha ha flew like I threw it really far- which I did not cause now I have wimpy arms), anyway Sam chased it and spent about 5 minutes out in the water. I finally called him back in, and then kept telling him to "find it" so he'd go back in the water. He's such a baby...he needs you to be involved in his every movement at the beach...in Playa Ventura we were always throwing sticks in for him, but when we weren't he mostly stayed out, but after a few months, if we were just sitting on the beach he would go in and swim around in the pools in front of the rocks. Here it's more wading at the edge..and it doesn't get deep for a long time. It's best when the tide is really high cause that volcanic rock rock has all these holes and crevices and I don't want him to break his leg, or hurt himself.

I don't know why I called Everardo, but I thought maybe just maybe he was nearby- and he was! He was down the beach where the condos and hotels were, I could see there were way more people down there...anyway he was also near the car- the car that had the tennis ball in it. So a little while later he showed up with the tennis ball, and for Sam- it was all good. Like I said, I stayed a good 2 hours, when Sam got tired, he laid behind my chair and dug around his ball. He ended up digging a huge hole! The ball would fling out behind him and he'd jump on it and bring it back to the hole. Then I leaned back and my chair almost fell in the hole cause he just dug wherever ha ha! So I had to keep moving my chair....but I read and soaked up the sun- Oh I almosy forgot! When I was talking on the phone to Everardo, I spied a fin, maybe 2 out in the water. Dolphins I'm sure, but the fins seemed really black, so a whale?...It was nice though, almost like my rock when I'd sit out and talk to the universe...nobody was too close to me, so I talked some, and it was nice.

Last nite I found the mediation tapes I bought before we moved to Mexico, a Buddhist thing called "Eight Steps of Happiness". I listened to the introduction CD, and it was nice. As in- why the HELL didn't I listen to these CDs when were in Guerrero? I got to a place where I was so isolated, questioning everything in my life, about my life...ha ha I guess we get it when we get it. I even have a Buddha statue that I made Everardo make room for when we left Calif, that I wanted with me. It had been in our backyard and gave me comfort, I liked it, so he came with us. Of the few things were brought from down there, I mean we brought a ton of shit, but personal items mostly; clothes, pictures, knicky knacks, but hardly any big stuff like furniture. I think the kitchen table and Buddha were the 2 biggest things. And my poor table got all scratched and will probly not make the next move- I mean a far move like back to Calif, but Buddha will. So I'm gonna start the series, maybe today; I had been going only for a short time to a Buddhist mediation class before we moved and was really diggin' it. So I'll start. Oh and the other funny thing is- here we found out that magic jack is a free ap on a smart phone as long as you have internet, and altho' is was intermittent down there, we coulda had phone service, free to the states...just another thing that added to my isolation was not being able to talk to family and friends in the states with any regularity....as well I guess I had lessons to learn, and I think I did embrace some things I might otherwise have if I hadn't felt so lonely. Aceeptance, and my spirituality, doing some deep looking....sounds great but I don't really do unless there's nothing else ha ha.

Yeah now I'm learning some new lessons and yet they are all connected. Acceptance- letting go of my big ego, remembering everyone deserves compassion, people are on different parts of the spiritual paths than others. That maybe I'm not as smart as I like to smugly think so. That I need to learn to listen. and NOT judge! Ok I think it's time to try to call my Halla....





No comments:

Post a Comment