Friday, July 6, 2012

It's July 6 I think- ha ha I kinda like not being sure about the date, day of the week, or even the time! Some days are filled with errands which by definition must be done out of Playa Ventura and so take most of the day...driving to, making required small talk getting around to the business at hand, more small talk and then the next thing. I imagine this is the way in many countries, and really, getting used it kinda makes it ok. That the process is the goal. Talking to people, waiting for 2 cute pigs to scamper across the road...Then other days are spent in the hammock reading a book. When I was a teenager I read alot. My best friend Teri and I read like crazy and traded books. This is the end of 4 weeks and I've read 6 books i think. Fiction, I like mysteries, lawyer books, Richard North Patterson is one of my favorites, finished the last few pages of Eclipse that I started yesterday, this morning as soon as I woke up. 


So the bug bites are back in force to kill me. Huge splotches on my legs and arms. They got better for awhile but are back in full force. Everardo wants to spray this shit like Raid every day in the house but I think it is poisoning us and so its only sometimes because I can't ALWAYS have my way (even if I know I'm right ha ha). But after chemo- I'm totally paranoid about poisoning myself. hmmm maybe that's kinda silly- but I think half the shit that's used here is banned in the U.S. But people here have more pressing concerns...like eating, drinking clean water, etc....I am SO not the judge of anybody!

The rainy season is not very rainy, maybe this is a gift for us, however even when it rains life simply proceeds. It's not cold, we even went swimming n our friend's pool during the hurricane. It rains mostly at nite and that's the way it usually goes in June & July. We are told to expect alot of rain in August and Sept, and then it will be done. hopefully by then we will be involved in enough things around the house and/or with friends that when the electricity is out (the only down side I see so far to the rain) that we won't care. There's no internet or tv then, and maybe no phone altho we aren't sure about that. I now have a tiny purple cell phone which of course only works away from Playa Ventura, so I haven't used it yet either.

Everardo is trying to learn to fish with a net, he goes with our friend Gume, he hasn't been too successful yet, but we are invited there to eat today cause Gume is very good at it, and they went this morning.  My Spanish is coming along but I am not good at poco a poco in this area and have to stop myself from getting frustrated. But we are happy here and are seeing how beautiful life is. The big news is they are paving our road, maybe this month- there is heavy equipment around and sidewalks being built further down from us, so we'll see. It's a good thing for us since our first week here the rains were pouring sand and dirt down our driveway into the living area faster than it could drain thru. Everardo was our there on the road for hours trying to dig trenches to divert the stream (ok river) of water to the other side of the road and down to the ditches.
 
Well English class was GREAT today!! I only had 4 kids, and did not get the 13 yr old I was expecting but he may still show up another day. Then a fifth showed up, the 15 yr old girl. I had her stay for an extra 45 min and we did harder stuff, but concepts I didn't think the kids could master, and it was good. Back to the kids- they remembered some of their first class! And they are eager learners! They can only concentrate for almost an hour, and 2 of the four can't read yet, so the handouts for them at first I thought wouldn't help much- but they really liked getting papers from the teacher and then I stapled them in order for each kid...anyway they had fun today and their enthusiasm really encouraged me! We used flash cards for colors and alaphabet, and numbers up to fifteen. Making your tongue do thirteen is not easy when you haven't ever done it. Heidi (15yr) is gobbling up info, and we laughed about "here and hear". She writes down everything and asks alot of questions, she will be my big test. She's easier and harder. I can explain a concept, but then Engish has too many exceptions!! So I am on a very big high this afternoon cause this was so cool.
 
Now I'm just trying to talk to my younger daughter (19) today before she leaves for a 17 day trip in Europe next week. My sister is in France and it would be cool for them to meet up. She also asked my other daughter for advice on what to bring for clothes who told her, just bring everything and you can keep it in the hotel! ha ha I need to offer my opinion of well, what countries? Did you google their weather? Probably hot if not at least warm, just bring 5 pairs of shorts, and 5 summer dresses- you can wash them out in the sink if you need to,,,,well maybe you'll read this Halla! Love you baby...ok I don't think you've looked at my blog.... but enough for now- I wanna stay this happy for awhile!



No comments:

Post a Comment