Tuesday, July 3, 2012

News Flash! Costco is not a good deal in Mexico! We drove up to Acapulco today and our last stop was Costco. We brought our friend Chela, who hadn't hopped there before. Of course I told her how much cheaper it was, and since she has a restaurant in her house, she wanted to buy big packages of stuff. Ok they are pretty good for dog food. But that was it. A pair of shorts was $37 U.S.! Meat was expensive, so was cheese, cereal, and peanut butter, even in the huge size. That was the kind of stuff I bought, she bought cooking oil, rice, clothes soap- none of it was cheap. Wallmart here had much MUCH better prices than Costco. It may be that most of the products are imported from the U.S., whereas Wallmart merchandise is either made in Mexico or China. I read somewhere online that Costco imported and so expect higher prices...so take that for what's it worth- you can read anything online. But just in case anybody thinks a run to Costco to stock up is a good idea....well maybe not so much.

ha ha Plus the 2 hour drive home with all the stuff in the back of the truck in this heat?? Luckily we hit no traffic, federales, etc, so although the bread looked a little limp and I have some doubts about the cheese, also lucky we didn't buy anything frozen cause it wouldn't be, and yeah forget popsicles!
We were stopped by some cows on the road on the way up- and these were not ook out the car window at black & white cows munching grass or the talking cows from the commercial (altho' I like those crazy girls), these are very large bony brown cows, some with huge horns that sort of swoop across their heads like a buffalo or something...ok maybe those are not cows- bulls? Then later these totally cute pigs went scampering ( and yes! They were scampering) so freakin' cute, across the raod but we only had to slow down for them. Anyway that was on the way- on the way back we only had to stop & wait once very quickly on the road into Playa Ventura for these horses. There's like 5 or 6 of them and I now used to them just walking along the road or even walking in the beach. There's never anyone with them and they have no ropes. Hubby says this town is so small everyone knows who's random animals are who's ha ha. The only thing I don't see wandering is chickens. Pigs, goats, horses, and burros. And I have a favorite burro now, he's not walking free- there's this field on the road in where cows and burrows graze. This guy is always standing on this mound, probly 3 feet high, and I wonder what he's thinking about. I'm the king of all I can see, or I be I could jump the fence from here, or as soon as that car goes by with that nosy bitch I'm gonna spread my wings and go for a fly!....

After a long day in Acapulco, starting with the decision to get over myself and my precious Iphone and I bought this miniature phone, purple of course, with pay as you go. I don't need internet, I can do that at home- when it's up- which is up, down, up down since we got it the other day. But when it's off, just keep swimming cause it will be back...at Telmex they said Telcel can unlock the Iphone, At Telcel they said, well these guys (somewhere else) work for us, they do it, then we can give you service...the nice thing was I could choose pay as you go (unlike the states where with Iphone you have to have data). But the thing is, there is no cell service here in Playa Ventura, so I have to drive 10 min away to get service. I also don't have to have email and/or internet on my phone, and that tiny purple phone was so cute....eh what the hell. If I ever decide I want to use my Iphone I still have it and can go thru the whole unlock thing. For now it's a pretty good camera, and a good alarm clock (ooops also not needed too much yipee), so that's that. Hubby found everything he needed at Home Depo and so has projects for tomorrow. We ended the day with a 9pm swim in Chela's pool. God how refreshing! We splashed around for awhile and chatted with Chela and Gume and played with their youngest, and walked home along the beach about 10:30. hat was for Sam since he was very sad he was not invited into the pool.

The other big news is they filmed some famous singer Belinda something doing a video on the beach and tomorrow they're doing more down by the lagoon.We missed all th excitement today (good), but tomorrow s another day! She's very famous with the younger crowd I think, but maybe I'll find out more tomorrow. Hmmm I wonder if the kids will come for English class...Oh well I'll be here. I'm thinking of some new things for that too- of course I haven't read any of the info I requested ha ha. ok now I so sleepy.






No comments:

Post a Comment