Thursday, July 5, 2012

OK new News Flash! The big plastic jugs that you buy off the truck for consumption, that you keep in your kitchen- well they are different! The one you want for drinking is the one with the label and the handle; you buy them off the Pepsi truck. The other one is ok for cooking & coffee, but not great for drinking, especially for a newbie like me. Found this out this morning chatting with our friends and said my stomach was bothering me again. I figured it was just my system trying to acclimate like I am to the heat (and ha ha the language). To be well, rude I guess but what the hell this is my diary, I am back to pooping green. And sometimes crampy stomach, which like I said I think my body is figuring out that I'm not leaving so just start processing as normal as possible! And yesterday I drank alot of that water cause we had it in a pitcher in the fridge and it was really hot. So....today I did not frink any of it; luckily on our Costco run we bought 2 flats of the 12 or 16 oz bottles so I just put a bunch of those in the fridge...and hey...haven't gone all day. That's very encouraging! So the Pepsi truck comes by again Saturday and we'll get 3 big jugs of "the gooood stuff".

Makes me think of Costco again- you know even the products they carry in Acapulco- priced well or not are pretty shitty. The plastic wrap is the worst! And the aluminum foil is in this fall apart box and is in sheets, not on a roll. ok enough Costco except to say that Wallmart here has everything and good prices too. I've not been a big Wallmart fan in the past cause of the way the employees are treated, but I don't know about here in Mexico, what I saw was alot of people working...so bascially I don't know except that I'm mad at Costco ha ha.

Got to talk to my daughter for 2 hours today on Skype. That was soooo cool. It was like she was right down the street and we talked about everything. I walked my laptop around the house so she could see it, and she did the same to show me where she put up some artwork and stuff. There is only one bad thing about this whole move and that is missing my daughters. But talking face to face is pretty good, so I will be happy with that. We talked about some stuff from a long time ago and it was very cool. hmm after this I think I'll try calling the other one.

Today was a good day, started with a walk on the beach and Sam (dog) chasing coconuts into the ocean, he loves finding them on the beach and having us throw them into the water like a ball. Got to read in the hammock, walked down the road to a tiny store in front of somebody's house to buy these cookies call Giro that i swear are Oreos. Yesterday when I wasn't here Everardo sprayed some mosquito killer (barely works) in the house and my pkg of Giros was in there so with great sadness I threw them away...it was open and I just couldn't eat them... and he was actually surprised that I was like ...arrgghh my cookies are in there! ha ha oh well if you don't worship the cookie then you can't really understand. Then we just had dinner, tongue tacos yummmm, and just got called to walk down for a swim. Nice. Yeah we still need things, like furniture -well a dresser for clothes at least, and some tables or shelves for my knicky knack stuff I collected over the years- AND I got rid of tons of it but still have some...like earlier when I started trying to move the glasses we don't use and fill the space with coffee cups we don't use- but they have pictures of my kids, and are from our wedding in Reno, and from Paris, and from camping,,,,see just gotta keep 'em. Oh and the space is for my one left unopened box of fragile stuff from my kitchen...not actual kitchen stuff but that stuff I've collected... oh and the kids showed up today for English class...which was yesterday and tomorrrow. I probly would have done it but I was talking to my daughter on Skype...and I think I got another kid, 13, and maybe the older kids need a different class. But at least the kids  are excited! I only had 2 yesterday because some famous singer (Belinda I think) was making a video here on the beach and they were all mesmerized.....
ah the pool calls







No comments:

Post a Comment