Friday, August 24, 2012

It didn't rain last nite! Yipee! And this morning, starting before 7am I think, after I had been awake since 5....the steam roller and tractor came and started moving and flattening the huge piles, so ok it can rain now...actually I never seen those guys, who have been working out there since I've lived here (almost 3 months) start this early...but I'm over it.

So this special fishing thing- he didn't get home until 9 last nite and it's 9 now & he just called- they're back at Chela's cleaning the fish they caught today. Apparently this is a 2 or 3 days a year event. The tide comes in really far and washes into the lagoon and so there tons of fish in there & they catch them with nets. Then after a couple of days "they" (not sure who) come and make the place off limits for fishing. I guess kinda like getting your limit of abalone.

This morning Everardo got up at 4:30 and left to mee Gume. However he forgot to turn off the alarm, only hit snooze, so it went off again at 10 to 5am & woke me up. The a few minutes later Sam started barking so I got up and let him in. Another 10-15 min and Sam's barking again so I kick him out, then more barking- I don't know wtf was with that darn dog this morning but a little before 7 I finally started to fall back asleep, then....see above...enter tractors out my open window. So I got up. Another hour and hubby showed up, the sea was too rough for fishing, which is why they went back out about 2:30 this afternoon...

So I had 4 kids for school, 2 regulars and 2 newbies. The nice thing is the 2 new kids showed up a half hour early so I could work with them on the original stuff. Then when Monsie & Ronoldo showed up we all worked together. But I need to make a new "10 things" bag that will be new to all of them. The flashcards with bathroom things and house things are pretty new so we all worked on those. I found 8 not 9 used dictionaries and I'll get then next month when I go to Texas for the weekend and see my brother.

I walked up the beach with Sam looking at shells and visited Chela who fixed her and I little quesadillas. Then we decided to go for a long walk, but when we passed the pool we changed our minds...ha ha we lounged in the pool until almost dark.

I also talked to one of my closest friends (& she's my sponsor) on the phone for an hour this morning
so I would have to say....Jus' another day in Paradise....





No comments:

Post a Comment