Wednesday, August 22, 2012


Ok today is day 3 of  exercise, ouch, ouch ouch....day 3 sucks! Day zero we walked out to Casa de Piedras, and I was winded. Everardo was fine and Sam of course wa bouncing all over the place. Walking back up the hill just about killed me. So day 1 was 20 min on the eliptical and was easy. Day 2 the same plus the walk in the evening with Chela. I will say last nite I was a little stiff- ok pretzel...This morning the 20 minutes took forever! But- I do feel good, I don't know why I stop exercising- does everybody do that? I feel so good when I do, regardless of whether I lose weight or ha ha firm up. But it does feel good. I noticed that I was sweating like it was rolling off me- but I feel that way alot of the time just being here, so is there only so much you sweat? I mean it's so hot here that I don't have to pee that much even tho' I drink alot of water.

The internet had been up and down last couple of days. The rain too. Yesterday was nice all day and then in the middle of the nite the thunder woke me up- coming in less than a second after the lightening. We let Sam in right away and poor baby was spooked.

Yesterday I drove Chela and Tony (3yr old) to Copala so we could have an ice cream. For me this was a bit of a biggie- people here drive like lunatics and I thought I'd be fine never driving ha ha. But off we went and it was fine. I was a little nervous in Copala, people, cars, dogs, various farm animals. I was laughing to my self when I saw a couple of truck, a car, then a horse all parked. I sang car car car HORSE! and Tony thought that was pretty funny and started singing it- he speaks no English of course but mimicked me pretty good. We went to this little store that was just three freezers, the long kind not the tall ones, full of popsicles and ice cream bars. Chela bought a bunch of different ones and they loaded them in a cardboard box she picked up in front of another shop when we were walking....then the girl put a small bad of ice on top. For the chocolate covered vanilla ice cream bars, the girl put little individual plastic wrappers on them. I'm not sure how much they were but the 4 little red juice bars I bought were only 5 pesos each.

We saw the dark clouds coming and thought we were in for a tormenta (storm) but nope. A few hours later I heard Chela yell my name and she was coming in our back gate. Then we went for a long walk back out to Casa de Piedras. It's funny here when you stop by someone's place, you give a yell or a whistle and they come out. The same with the water truck- they honk or give a yell. So she gave a yell when we walked past the German's place. She is Mexican, and she walks alot. Anyway not sure what was said but a while later I glanced back and she was gaining on us. Her name is Zoya or Zoyla, and she's very nice. She had her dog Natasha, the German Shepard who only gave Sam a little grief. The road- and that's a term used loosely here, is even a bigger mess on the way out there. It as little ditches in it and it winds up and down and around, A car driving there has to really watch where they're going...a truck does better, but wow not a place I want to try. Helmut (Zoyla's wife) says theyare going to pave out that way and beyond, but who knows how long that will take. I'm sure when it's dry it's not so bad.

This morning it was still raining slightly at 9, but by noon the sun is now out. I have kids today for English class at 1:30. They had fun Monday so I hope they do today too.
I think I'm gonna buy a few more dictionaries and send them to my brother's place in Texas. Looks like I'm gonna do a quick trip there in Sept to pick up my credit card. It's waaay cheaper than flying to SFO, and quicker, so we will make the plan for that in the next couple of days. It will be fun to visit them, I've only been in Texas for work, and it's funny, my brother said the only thing is, it will be really hot- ha ha ha ha you mean like here? It's perfect cause I won't have to go upstairs and dig out some long pants. Everardo is not working today, Gume and Chela aren't home- probly with no customers they can take care of a few things. They've been busy all summer even when everybody else has had no one or hardly any...they have the perfect spot for swimming/playing in the ocean and they have the pool.

So Everardo ran (yes ran!) out to Casa de Piedras this morning with Sam while I was on the eliptical, which is good cause I tend to scream out the words of the songs playing n my ipod ha ha. He and Sam are both napping right now since he came back from finding Gune not home. Well gotta get ready for the kids...

No comments:

Post a Comment