Saturday, August 25, 2012

Today I saw the place where the ocean is flowing into the lagoon. We actually had to put the truck in 4 wheel drive and drive in the sand to get out to the point. I've never driven the truck in 4 wheel drive before. Ha ha it was kickass. I thought of the Volvo I traded for the little truck and laughed out loud. n

There were alot of people out there. I took some pictures, waded around a little, looked at the lagoon, and in less than an hour I was bored. Pathetic he? Bored in Paradise? But I couldn't sit cause the water sometimes went across the enire land portion into the lagoon, and there was aero shade. And it's hot here, and today, REALLY hot. So I finally climbed back up the hill and sat in the truck and got out my trusty paperback. The cool thing was I remembered a book, the bad thing was I forgot a snack. But, hubby was tired from going out there this morning in the dark again and catching nothing, and this was day 3 of fishing fishing fishing, not great meals, not much sleep. So he showed up at the truck a few minutes later and we came home around 3:30. At 8pm we know Gume and the other guys were still out there. Luckily I had wanted to see the place but knew I wouldn't want to stay that long so we brought our truck- if I hadn't gone poor hubby would be dead.

So we left and stopped along the way once we got back to a dirt road to look at the ocean. The beach seemed endless and had that really sift sandy sand, so we jumped out and ran to the water and splashed around a little. I was overcome with, well pure joy. I love him so much. I am so amazed that this is my life! It's simple and pure, and the simple things are what matter. I was talking to Veronica on the phone yesterday and we were saying- don't sweat the small stuff, and guess what? It's all small stuff. We came back and I took Sam for a walk on the beach since he didn't come with us. It was low tide so we went to the little hole in front of the rocks that Sam likes. Too bad for me, I am still a little afraid of the water, especially near the rocks. Without rocks, my fear is healthy causeof the times of year, the sea is tricky. Anyway I waded in a little and sat down and Sam was having fun. ha ha The other day he was putting his whole head under water trying to pull a huge tree branch up. So then he and I walked back and sat on the rocks in front of our place, and silly dog was chasing crabs that were scurrying across the rocks as the waves hit them.

I don't climb on the rocks as much as I had on earlier visits here cause Sam tries to follow me everywhere, and with Everardo he tried to go around the rock- which meant into the sea. But at some point he will get really used to being here and won't need to follow me every single time ha ha.

Well after that a nice almost cool shower and hit the hammock to read and nap. Then Everardo made a beautiful dinner that we had both missed! I had been eating tuna fish & peanut butter sandwiches for a couple of days (not together) although this morning I had beautiful cantaloupe and this white salty cheese for breakfast. Oh yeah before the fishing expedition we went to Marquelia and had to go to 3 places to find eggs. And they were really expensive as compared to lately, even last week. 60 pesos for 36 eggs is alot! I guess the chickens are sounding like a better and better idea. ilk was easy to find however, and nobody had cantaloupe. But we're going back there tomorrow, still in search of the blanket guys who we found out are from Hildago, and see if any cantaloupes have magically appeared.
We think were may have better luck finding the blankets in Cruz Grande where we have to go anyway for my bank card; and it looks like they have a huge market place. Chela also got me the phone number for someone she knows who does massage there and I am very excited about that. I am sore all over, from exercise, from our crappy bed, etc.

It's a beautiful nite outside, the stars seem so close. The waves are a comfort. All is well.





No comments:

Post a Comment