Monday, August 20, 2012

Today has been a good day. The electricity went out a couple of times, but now for long and I didn't need it anyway. Everardo is working today with Gume helping him to build a very tall rock wall. There's some other guys working there, too. I walked by with Sam around noon, but it's almost 6 and I'm surprised he's not home yet. I kinda can't walk down there cause Eriika, Chela's daughter is doing her weekly house cleaning job right now. Today was the first day of school so she came late> We really hired her to help her make some pocket money, we pay her 200 pesos a week, and she cleans the bathrooms and kitchen, and sweeps/mops all the floors and dusts. Worth it to her and worth it to us- I HATE cleaning toilets!

I'm wondering if maybe they quit work and Chela's feeding them, which would be good cause I didn't do one thing about dinner. We don't have a ton of food, the meat & fish are in the freezer- maybe tomorrow morning I can take something out...but I was thinking of making bacon & eggs, avacado, torillas and cantaloupe...mmm sounds good to me. Well I guess I can do that if he's already eating.

I started my exercise routine today. Did 20 minutes on my eleptical, which was probly too long after 3 months of doing nothing. My legs do feel kinda tight. Last night we did the walk almost to Casa Piedras, and I thought we'd do it again tonite, but if he's still working, he's gonna be dead. After my workout & shower this morning- and listening to my rock and roll was great!, watched the end of a silly movie, then had some cereal, then Sam& I walked down the beach to Chela's and back on the road so we could see poppa. Sam wanted to stay with him but I made him come back with me. Then the kids came at 1:30 for English, just my usuals, Monsie & Ronoldo, Miguel & Ilse, and Lupita. They were all very lively, but I guess being the first day back to school after summer vacation, by the end of the hour they couldn't remember anything and we were all laughing!

After that I napped and read in the hammock. Came back in and checked my emails, and yipee one from my sister come back from France. I wasn't really worried, but starting to wonder why I hadn't heard from her. All in all a really nice day. Kind of by myself, but sometimes that's ok too. I had wanted to hit the AA meeting tonite, but probly hubby is going to be too pooped to pop, so maybe tomorrow nite. I can always jump on the AA chat website after this. Oh and I got my first comment on my blog! Very cool. But maybe I make it sound like my life is really hard here cause the comment said I had alot of challenges.....well it's interesting anyway! But not too hard by any means. I am so happy to be here. Oh and today I got a pretty good picture of an iguana sunning himself on a rock. They are either very shy or very smart- I guess people eat them- I only had a camera was never got close. I'm thinking a telescopic camera might be a good thing....it's been beautiful and sunny all day, not even too hot, but the sky is starting to get gray.....



No comments:

Post a Comment