Saturday, August 11, 2012

Maybe having internet is why I'm posting again in the same day. The phone has been out for 2 days and the tv just left while I was checking my email. So gonna try to post again. Its very windy again, but so far not in the direction of the house, more like sideways. The lights are flickering however so this post may or may not make it tonite ha ha. We walked down to the downtown (really is just one road but the couple of tiny stores are all right there so I guess it qualifies as downtown...) to bug eggs, which came in a plastic grocery bag, saying buenas tardes to to everybody sitting outside their houses, eating or just talking. Oooops ok now it's POURING rain and hubby is outside trying to make basically curtain rods for the 4 windows that face the sea, so he can put big plastic sheets over them when the wind comes with the rain. Since it's just during this season, and only with the wind in one certain direction, we don't want to spend to much fixing it...He just came in- soaked to the bone in less than 2 minutes.
But he was talking to the guy who fixed our electricity yesterday and says we're gonna buy some line for him to give us better power in the kitchen since the toaster only makes warm bread. The microwave doesn't really work either, but we've only tried to use it once I think since we got here in June. I guess the guy hooked us into the other line, the one that doesn't go out as much. Apparently there's 2 lines in town; one better than the other. Everybody wants the second one fixed- made better- but he said nobody wants to pay. Everardo told him we will pay. Oh now he's gone back outside yelling he loves his Mexico!

Anyway when we were walking back from getting eggs we stopped by Chela's and sat with her and Polo (her 13yr old son). Polo told me about the big sea turtles that come up on their beach- I was excited and told him pls pls call me or come get me when a turtle comes; I've been watching for them and haven't seen one yet. So he told me about this legendary huge turtle- it had a name that escapes me right now, he said it was 3 meters long. That it pulled a horse into the sea when the guy who lassoed it left it tied to his horse. Also that once it walked under a car and jiggled it. He was very excited telling me about it. Everardo & Chela were chatting and I was trying to understand, which I did not but I was getting alot of words and the topic some of the time ha ha. I think I learn from the kids when they come for English class too. This morning 2 cane who didn't show yesterday but Everardo told them nope- now you have to wait until Monday...good cause I was sleeping! I did have Lupita yesterday and she really wants to learn; we worked on some stuff like verbs that I haven't done with the little ones. So I gave her all the stuff she missed with the other kids so she can practice and catch up; we wrote the names of the colors with crayons in the color. And she caught in to days of the week really quick.

I'm getting so I can have small conversations; and i noticed that I didn't get into conversations with people cause you know when you know a few words and so you say them- then the other person starts jabbering away and then your lost ha ha. But I decided I don't care- I'm just gonna try to talk to everybody. People think I'm a little nutty in English so why not in Spanish. And on the other other hand, I', getting used to not always talking, and the truth is, that's ok too. hmmmm lesson after lesson. Ok Mexico bring it on


Well not it's just a light rain, and hubby has gone to make us a cup of coffee. I had wanted to go to the AA meeting tonite, but with the storms we just aren't sure of the road conditions, so we're gonna wait. Ha ha I said earlier I wanted to go twice a week and we only went once this week, so he said we'll go 3 times next week...ha ha since I found the online meetings I'm pretty good. I still want to go in person- it's funny the online groups call regular meetings "f2f". But the online meetings and the chat room that's 24 hours has alot of new people and that's good for me. To carry the message to someone new, trying to figure out what they are doing, trying to understand the program. It's been a huge gidt to me and when I share it, it helps me. Keeps me on track.

Ah the coffee is here & a movie is starting.....




No comments:

Post a Comment