Wednesday, August 8, 2012

So the internet went down on Sunday after I wrote my last post. Then it was up and down yesterday but today seems ok- except I had to log in and out of here a couple to times to get to the area where I can add a new post. The rain continues to be stormy only at nite. But Sunday although it rained in the afternoon, it wasn't hard, we took a walk on the road down to Chela's in it, and it really didn't even cool us off. We couldn't walk on the beach cause now when the tide comes in, it really comes in, sometimes up to the walls that some of our neighbors have- obviously just for this reason, but it blocked us from walking. I mean we could have walked or run thru the surf, but when the water is coming in this strong it becomes dangerous. Rosa told us we shouldn't be walking on the beach now, even in low tide because sneaky waves come in. She got smacked and dragged over some rocks and got scratched up and she's lived here all her life.

Well this afternoon the tide was out and the ocean was calm so we went walking and that little pool that I like- but Sam really likes had a little water swirling in it, so Everardo and Sam jumped in. I put shoes, sunglasses & shirts up the beach on a rock and came in too. I sat in this little "v" in the rocks and the surf came in. It made little whirlpools and was nice. Of course q couple of bigger ones came and I ended up with shorts full of sand ha ha. Later we walked down by Chela's where there are no rocks and went n, but the sea had started to get stronger. I felt the pull. I was in and a wave had puched me and Sam and I didn't see the next one and it smacked me - it was tall and kmocked me over right on top of Sam ha ha and he and I were pushed to shore. Then Everado came in and as Sam was getting pulled out I grabbed him and Everardo yelled he can take care of himself- you watch for yourself! And then he wanted us all to get out cause the tide was pretty strong and the drag back out was too. However I think maybe that thing he had last week, when he couldn't get back into from the wave break, maybe scared him a little, and he's worried I'll get dragged out. I can understand that and appreciate that he's worried about me. And there's really nobody else in the waves, beyond the little pools like we go to- and they are in front of these rocks so the pull is not strong, it's just a few feet.

So after chatting with Chela I jumped in her pool only to be surrounded by little kids wanting to guess the colors in English, on our swimsuits, the nearby buildings, etc. Kinda cool. Class was very cool today, everybody showed up half hour early! I started giving little pieces of candy as prizes the week before last but suddenly today, and kinda MOnday everybody is in competition. Maybe it's the candy and that they are starting to get some things. Colors are their favorite. On Monday I started a new box of 10 things to identify and a couple of kids tried looking in their dictionaries for the items- very smart! And it worked for giraffe, and glass. Anyway they are starting to try harder, everybody wants to try to go thru their lessons solo, like letters or numbers, days of the week, and of course colors. They help each other too. It's pretty cool. Another neighbor asked me for her 6yr old to come so hopefully she'll start Friday, and a kid in the pool this afternoon- 8 or 9yrs I think wants to come too. I had 6 today. I better start reading the info I downloaded on teaching, lesson plans etc since I'm not a teacher by trade. But I have a book called the "Teacher's Book of Lists" so I think I have time..

Well Mexico is celebrating their medals from the Olympics- yesterday we had our fingers crossed when the Mexican guy was in first for the diving, but sadly he didn't get the gold. But they're doing pretty good in the football competition (soccer). They have iton 2 or 3 channels so we've been able to see alot.

We went to a Spanish speaking AA meeting last nite and I got up and shared. I am getting better at talking but man when they are speaking so rapidly I can't really follow, but the nice thing about AA meetings is I can identify with feelings and I felt at home there and they welcomed me. We're gonna try to go at least twice a week. It's at nite, otherwise we'd go more, but at the end of a hot day, we are usually bushed. Nice to know AA is everywhere. Today in an online meeting there was someone from Uganda, England, Mexico (me), US, (several), Ireland...and it was just like a meeting in Petaluma. Very cool..and now- shit! This darn thing won't save...oh well...welcome to Mexico



No comments:

Post a Comment