Friday, August 10, 2012

Still Aug 10, late afternoon- around 4pm. So the rain kept up until about noon, then finally backed off to a tiny pitter patter. Man! So much water in our house! But it has all been mopped up and now I am praying it doesn't rain again for a day or two because you can't put the silicon in the window frames when it's wet. Well it's light outside, but still completely gray.

This morning after cleaning up, Sam ate so we walked him down the road, the muddy muddy road for he could do his business. We got soaked but of course it's not cold outside. Gencho & Rosa's house was wet upstairs, too. Later I had to walk to to Chela's then Paco's looking for change and both told me they had water problems. For Chela it was the bungalows they built, totally wet inside and I saw Gume and another guy fixing on of the roofs. Ono, Paco's wife said their was water all over the floor of the tiny store, one room detached from the house. I needed change cause we had to pay 100 pasos to get our electricity on- everybody else's was on but ours; we have a bad line that somehow gets messed up. I know we're gonna pay the guy to improve it but for now the 5 minute fix was all he could give us...

So we have no phone but we do have lights and internet. The ocean is pretty rough, has a big brown patch that goes out a ways, then you can see it green again. I'll keep my fingers crossed that we stay dry tonite.

No comments:

Post a Comment