Sunday, August 5, 2012

Happy Sunday morning in Mexico! Well yesterday after having a stomach ache all day, I agreed to Everardo's remedy. so he cut up some of the aloe vera plant we have, which I have used for itchy insect bites, anyway he made these little jelly like squares and gave them to me in a bowl. At first I swallowed them whole- they were tiny, but then I started chewing them, and it just tasted like, well nothing but with jello substance. Anyway just a little while later I started feeling better. An hor later I was hungry. These little home remedies work. And I woke up yesterday thinking I was gonna barf, never did, the feeling just sat a little bit less than that. All day. I thought crap- is this a little but of food poisoning? Do I wait it out? Or try to remedy he took with a sick stomach after eating turtle eggs which I won't try. It was some little packet of powder for 5 pesos and some alka selzter, then in 5 minutes I had to rub hard on his stomach and back, then pound on his back. A few minutes later he was sitting in the bathroom, and then completely fine. This was after throwing up for hours. But since I wasn't puking I tried the aloe vera. What a miracle plant! And this morning I'm fine- hungry and feeling fine.


Woke up this morning and the phone was working again, but half the tv channels are not. Still am ok with it, if I have internet I'm pretty happy. I see my friends on facebook, people I've gotten to know pretty good in AA -11 years in the same fellowship I have made some wonderful friends, and ha ha lots of aquaintenses. And family too. For all the bad things about Facebook, I feel closer to some people than I ever would have...I see women from high school who are breast cancer survivors like me. I see other people from high school who have started businesses or are doing cool things. They are not people I would necessarily be friends with now- we don't live near each other or share interests or friends, but there is a connection. I see my niece and nephew that have always lived far away from me in Washington & Oregon, they don't really talk to me but I can see what they're doing. Maybe in my old age (55) I want to see my family. Nope not true. I always wanted to know what my nieces and nephews were doing. And now I have a little...what is Christopher to me? A grand nephew? Doesn't sound close enough, how about just my nephew...wow that makes my sister a Grandma...Man I miss Barbie alot. She and I lose each other & find each other. Unfortunately last time was not either of our's doing. But that's ok. We found each other when Mom was dying. I miss you too Mommy. Last couple nites have been a full moon. That's when I think of her most. But anyway I like facebook, helps me to be connected, and I can just look, or comment if I want to, or since I've moved to this beautiful place, post more photos than I did before.

hey Mexico! So it's not raining yet, in the daytime anyway. But the skys are gray and the tv is only kinda working. That's my clue haha. So Everardo went to Oscar's mom to buy tortillas today, they are thin- which I like- and big cause only 9 in a kilo for 15 pesos. I think the other pkg same weight has about 25 totillas...hmmm will I like them? I kinda like the little ones. Everybody here uses tortillas for forks, I kinda don't. But with these huge ones, hmmm. I'll report back. There's this little roadside restaurant in Marquelia where we've gone for breakfast and their tortillas are really big- and really thick- I don't like them too much. Maybe if I was eating cheese and avacado, but not with eggs and beans. Oh speaking of Marquelia I hopt we go today to see if the stall is in the marketplace with the blankets. We heard only every other week and we went too late last Sunday in our quest for milk ha ha. These are think blankets, with designs on them. When I was here a couple of years ago my friend Veronica and I bought them on our last day for sitting all nite in Mexico City airport. So now I have mine, it's blue with a huge peacock and flowers on it, as a curtain on the back window, It was a bandiad, but I find I like it- alot. So I want to find 2 more for the living room windows that face the ocean. Maybe a dark green one and dark red, or whatever they have. We only have curtains on the bedroom windows- and they're see thru at nite--uugghh




   

No comments:

Post a Comment