Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Woke up to no phone, no internet, no tv, no lights...and an overflowing septic tank.....well it's not really a tank- more of a hole dug in the ground. Apparently the guy who built our addition connected all three pipes together; sink shower toilet and they all go to the same place. The kitchen sink, the other bathroom sinks and showers do not go into that hole, rather they simply drain off. Each day it's another new surprise...aarrgghh. It's possible if it were not still raining all the way into late Oct the stuff would be drying up and we would be fine. After all we are just 2 people and are not using the upstairs facilities, but then there is this all going the same place issue.

Not sure what we are going to do about it. Dig another hole? Find a way to re-assign the pipes? My idea is drag the guy over here who put it together and make him change it- but that's oribaly not happening. Altho Everardo may be able to talk to the guy and figure out a fix.

So yes it rained again last nite. I know I always say no big deal cause it stays warm, but half our living space is outside and in the morning the patio has standing water, and some amount of mud is on it. I say "some amount" because since the road is partially paved and Everardo has been working on our part of the driveway and road, alot less mud drains in. It usually dries by afternoon, and hopefull we have remembered to put Sam's bed up on the picnic bench to keep it dry. He's ok sleeping out there when it rains, but the lightening and thunder scare him and so when it rains- he sleeps inside.

We got electricty and so tv and internet back about 1pm this afternoon. Everardo and Romeo worked on the lines in the street. The PGE company- called CFE here, said its not their problem because it's the sea air rotting the aluminum connection at the poles?? So if you want electricity. you pay, you fix. Gotta love this place eh?

The ocean was amazing yesterday but a little rougher today. I walked down to Chela's this morning to chat and have coffee. I decided it was time to tell her about wanting to move to Puerto Penasco (or somewhere where they have services), especially since I told Carolina yesterday at the beach and don;t really know her all that well. Don't know if she'll tell anyone or not. You would think what I'm doing os not big news, but this is a pretty small place, so...Anyway I told her and she was sad and so was I. But I think she totally understands. Actually she wanted to stay in the States but her husband wanted to come back here so she's back.

When Romeo and Everardo finished fixing the electric wires, they went fishing for lobster. Oh I hope I hope he gets one! yummmm. I'm here cause I thought maybe Telmex would come- yeah ha ha ha ha- but if we're not here you can be sure they would show up. Altho' they didn't come last week when we were in Morelia.

The truth is living here is hard. When I am at Chela's, or sitting out on the boulders behind our house, looking at the waves, or walking on the beach, I love this place. But...I need to be able to talk to my daughters whenever we want. I miss them so much. Typing messages with them is not doing it. Skype helps but is usually pretty static-y, bad picture, delayed voice, etc. I need the phone, and not only the cell phone cause it doesn't work here, and my kids have school and/or work during the day so I have to go to Copala or Marquelia at nite...and for my older daughter she's not home until 8pm my time. I keep going over it and over it. Because each negative thing is pretty much a small thing. But with so many small things, it has become big. The services are so bad, tel, electricity, internet, and then no store, atm, gas,. Yesterday we went to Copala to the post office to pick up or telephone bill, then stand in line for half hour to pay it- about $90 USD cause we have call free to the US, and and and...the phone doesn;t even work ha ha. Customer service does not exist in Mexico. And people look at you with concern if you get mad and yell at the banker or the telephone people or at sky tv.

And I need to talk to people. Ha ha yesterday poor Carolina litened to me for about an hour! She speaks English and I grabbed on. Of course it was good for her too, cause she doesn't want to offend any family members about not wanting to live here- and almost everybody who lives here is part of one of two families haha. They are two warring families who get along when they are face to face and spit fire when they don't. Everardo hears from both sides all the time ha ha. But you know what? I wish I did too. He gets to talk with people all the time. Nobody here gets my jokes- and I make sarcastic jokes about everything, all the time. It's my way. I think everything in life is funny. It's very hard to be quiet, to let my husband do all the talking all the time...aarrgghh. I am getting so I can take part much more in conversations, but not the slang, the innuendo, the jokes...Add to that not being able to sleep at nite (don't want to invest in AC yet), Everardo not being able to work, and AA....I need AA in person. Yes online is good- but I need to look in peoples eyes, I need hugs, I need coffee afterwards, I need the fellowship.

So we will check out this new place, and a couple of others on the way. If we like one, we will try to rent there for awhile and see how we like it. We will probably sell this house. We can always camp or rent one of the bungalows at Chela's when we want to visit. I still want to live near the beach, but not as close as we are now. Everything gets rotted. The connection from the printer to the laptop, the insides of my elliptical, the keyholes. WD40 must be sprayed all the time in the keyholes ha ha. We have to hide our laptops under a blanket when we're not using them. Outside is where we eat at the big tile & cement picnic table and it gets this greasy film on it every day. The knives are getting rusty. So maybe 3 or 4 blocks from the beach will be better. It's been nice to walk out the back gate onto the beach, but beginning not to be worth it. 

We absolutely want to stay in Mexico. One thing about Puerto Penasco is it's closer to the States and maybe my kids will come more often, and I will be able to afford to go see them more often as well. I'm really hoping to like this place since what I see online and from people I have been in touch with it has everything we want. There are other places up there like San Carlos, and some smaller towns, but I am wary of those because of the same issues we have here....

It's still in Jan, so a couple of months away. But we'll see. We have a few things we still need to do for this house to get it ready to sell, but I think Nov would be enough for that. Then December is when all the people come, and we want to be here for that.....

Oh and now back to why we love it here- Everardo just came home with 2 lobsters!! I took a couple of photos, and now I want to take pictures while he gets them ready for us to eat!






No comments:

Post a Comment