Friday, October 26, 2012

Another rainstorm! I thought the rainy season went thru Sept only! It has rained 4 nites out of the last 5. Every time it starts after 9pm, usually after 10pm, when we are winding down, maybe on our laptops but probly just watching tv. BUt as soon as it gets windy and/or starts to rain, the tv goes off. So no phone and no tv. But the internet is working! Oh and I tried skype calls to a cell phone is the US today and it worked pretty good. I talked to me daughter and most of the call was pretty good and we talked for about 40 minutes. A couple of what? what? BUt good overall.

Not really sure how it works; I paid $3.27 for 3 months of 60 minutes a month. But really? A dollar something for 60 minutes? I read thru the info Skype has and it just felt like I was missing something. I mean I know that regular skype is free and I've been using it for years, but this is my first experience with calling from my laptop to a cell phone (Mexico to the US). If it's really this cheap then yipee I'm glad the phone is gone. ha ha I'm glad the phone is gone anyway. Well and if it's this cheap, then 60 minutes is not enough; we talked for 40 minutes today....

I found a much better discussion forum for Peurto Penasco today, lots of topics. I really just skimmed over a few, but seems like there might be some good info. Everardo may have found someone we like to watch the house for the month we plan to go up there for a visit. The guy may even know someone interested in buying this house. We are not in a hurry to sell, but it's nice to know we have options.

We went to Marquelia today and got my IPhone...yipee! I put the chip from the little purple phone and it worked- so nice to have my phone back. Of course it doesn't work here in Playa Ventura, but we go to Marquelia and Copala so much that I can make calls if I need to then. When we got back in the truck from Telcel, the truck wouldn't start. Crap! So Everardo tried to puch it to jump start it. Luckily we were next to a side street that went down a little so he aimed for that. But it still didn't start, the 2 guys jumped behind truck and yelled to try it again, they pushed but it still didn't work. I started thinking, wow it just keeps coming eh? So they pushed us to the side of the road, we thanked them and they left. Poppi went down the street where there was a mechanic around the corner- I sat in the truck, then a big truck came at me, and guess what? He couldn;t fit between me and the taxi parked across the street. I just `looked and raised my hands and shrugged my shoulders- I didn't even have the key...ha ha so what...it wouldn't have started. Luckily Poppi showed back up and was ab;e to push bacwards a few feet so the guy could get by. But then the guy said something to Poppi and then backed up and pushed us up the street and around the corner! People here are so nice!

Well it turned out to be just a loose battery cable and Everardo figured it out before even going into the mechanic....so it all worked out after all.

Came home for a nice nap in the hammock and then out to sit on the boulder and watch the waves, then later the sky; it was strips of pink and blue and gray and when the sun went down it was beautiful, ok as usual ha ha. The moon was on the other side of the sky and almost full, and I thought about last year when my Mom died; it was a full moon and for months when the full moon came around I thought of her and cried. Today I talked to her and it was nice.

I didn't go in the ocean today and I also passed on 2 walks with Everado and Sam cause I didn't want to get sweaty and have my rash get worse. Actually it's almost gone, but last nite it was icky; I was sticking myself with a needle...yuck yuck...I'm not planning on going thru this again! I'm not going back in the ocean until it's all the way gone, but I will go in the pool if I have the opportunity. Going to bed sucks cause it's hotter in there than out here in the living room and even with the fan, I usually keep my legs covered cause of mosquitoes so there's just no winning that one. This morning I had no more blisters, but the rash was redder than when I went to bed. Ok enough about my gross rash.

Sunday is the fiesta for Saint somebody where we have to wear green skirts. Chela is excited for the fiesta cause she got this skirt with very wide sides so she can hold it out and twirl. Tomorrow is something to do with it, but it's in Copala, and Rosa said Heidi is doing something in it- singing I think. Not sure if we're going to that or just the Sunday party. Gonna be alot of dancing, hmmm I better take it easy tomorrow, no sweating, and maybe the rash will be completely gone so I can dance dnace dance.....

No comments:

Post a Comment