Monday, December 24, 2012

It's Christmas Eve, about 11:30 so almost Christmas. There are fireworks going off like crazy, and it may be all nite, we'll see. In Mexico some have the tradtion of a party on Christmas Eve- maybe all nite, then a quiet day on Christmas, and presents are not until Jan 4- when the 3 kings came to give Jesus presents. That's how Everardo grew up. Our friend here, Anna, is having a family party tonite, to which we were invited, with fireworks and music and food (pozoli, tamales, menudo, cakes and cupcakes) much laughter and fun, then at midnite the kids open their presents. Then the party goes on, maybe all nite, then sleep and lay around tomorow for Christmas day. A friend I used to work with does this with his family in Calif. Well our friend Anna, who is probly same age as me, has alot of family! I counted about 15 younger kids who were her grandchildren, and then there were at least 5 or 6 adults or at least older teens who were also her grandchildren. So 4 or 5 kids, all those grandchildren, girlfriends & boyfriends; it was a pretty big group. They had a huge tent outside behnd the house with a big cookstove and a fire on the ground. It was fun to watch them all greet each other and take tons of silly pictures. In fact one photo that was all women I was called into, so I ran to the end of the line of women and smiled for the camera- I think we had to yell "whiskey!"

We left about 10:30; it was nice for her to invite us, but it was a family thing and we didn't want her to worry about us, me not speaking to much Spanish, and anyway she shouldn't be entertaining guests- it was her family. So we took off, we would have before the presents anyway, and also I saw a few cases of beer and a few bottles of other stuff coming in so they were wure to be getting rowdy-er soon ha ha.

Earlier in the evening, at 6pm, we went to an English speaking meeting that was very small but glad we went. I had actually given directions to it, to some vacationers so thought we should show up- ha ha but they didn't altho' I believe we'll see them Wednesday. Then we dropped in on the Spanish speaking meeting for a guy who was getting a cake for his year. During that meeting I stayed outside before going in to call both my daughters; I caught them at their dad's house where they had finished a nice Christmas Eve dinner so it was good to talk to each of them, which I plan to do again tomorrow. I had arranged with our renters, who are our close friends, to pick up our gifts for both girls and I told them today they could go see Boyce & Kay tomorrow afternoon to get them. I won't give any other details here cause at least one of my daughters reads this blog so I don't want to spoil the surprise...and B&K know what I mean...Drewy, my oldest, sent me a fb msg and told me she avoids my street cause it makes her sad, and boy that got caught in my throat. She wants to send her boyfriend to pick up her present cause she misses me so much she doesn't want to walk up to my door and have someone else give her the gift.......ok deep breath.......yeah I miss her so much, too.

Well we are listening to Christmas music on tv while I write this, but it will be Christmas in 10 minutes and I want to be sitting close to my honey...so I will close this with: Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good nite. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment