Thursday, December 27, 2012

It's cold outside and we're drinking hot choclate. This is special occasion chocolate, hmm maybe I shared this the other day- but Poppi remembers his grandmother making him hot choclate with this chocolate, and he does it just so. It's sooo chocolatey! But it tastes like love cause of the way he makes it and talks about it as he does it. I love this man, he is so tender in these little ways that never fail to touch my heart.

Well I am excited cause the landlady just sent me an email from Phoenix, and she said to go ahead and get a estimate for fixing the bathroom!! Yipee!! We kinda thought she was gonna try to brush it off, but she answered me tonite and I sent her an email about it only last nite, well it was a reply to an email from her. She still has not sent back the contract or made any comment about my changes and/or additions. Not sure what's up with that but I am happy not to have to sign it. But the real good news here, is that if we can fix the bathroom, then we want to live here! We like the location, the little yard for Sam, the layout of the house- for the most part anyway- ha ha that weird hallway along the back of the house to the third bedroom..but I digress. I don't care about that part, and can be storage if we want or need it. Sam and I took a walk today; I brought my walking stick in case any dogs tried to attack him, but no dogs came that close. We only walked for 20 minutes, stayed on our road, it crosses a couple ofpaved roads beofre it ends by a paved road that has the flea market stalls.

Those stalls are packed on the weekends, but some are open during the week. We only walked past, then hit the end and walked back. Sam chased the ball a little bit, but mostly wanted to smell everything. I want to do it alot, so people get used to seeing me, seeing us. I'll probly start walking the other direction as well; I think it goes much further- my only concern is aggressive dogs. However ha ha, in Playa Ventura- no dog was aggressive towards Sam as soon as they got close. And hopefully it will be the same here, but I know people have pitbulls...so me, Sam, and my walking stick will carefully check out our neighborhood. That walking stick was my Dad's. He gave it to me before he died. He died young, at age 59, from an aggressive fast cancer.  (hmmm all of a sudden aggressive is my favorite word?) We were all in shock, it was 1980, I was only 24. BUt cancer research has come a long way since 1980. I hope for me, that having breast cancer in 2009 was my cancer experience. my only cancer experience. (insert little prayer here ha ha) (ok not ha ha)
Anyway this walking stick is very special to me. It's gone on all my camping trips and been near the front door of every house I've lived in. So now I need it again; to walk with me and Sam.

So again I say yipee! I want this to be our place for the next couple of years...or at least year and a half if we decide 2 years is enough o Mexico. We do want to be near my daughters.... of course if we're gonna stay we're going to have to decide if we want to paint on our own nickel. She won't pay for paint, maybe I can get her to pay half....but it sure would help this place..even just a couple of rooms; this living room and the kitchen I would be happy. Ha ha how quickly I jump into the future.
Well- that would be me! viva Mexico!!

No comments:

Post a Comment