Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Merry Christmas everyone! Woke up and talked to my daughter Drew who just arrived at her Dad's with Rex & Danica in tow so I let them go to celebrate since poor Drewy has to work today. I'll call my other daughter a little later after they have their Christmas...We had a nice breakfast, beans and cheese and eggs and tortillas, and a banana for me and tomato and onions for Poppi....it's sunny outside and there are intermittent firecrackers going off again. So Sam wants to stay inside instead of laying in a sunny spot...and Everardo is taking a nap too.

Yesterday I got to hold a 6 day old baby when we dropped by Anna's the first time. We walked in and we saw him, so tiny...born on the 18th, somebody handed him to me and I kept him until we left. Not that long, maybe a half hour, and he was starting to get squirmy like food time....so I gave him back ha ha. He was so calm; I think maybe because the house is so busy, so many kids and adults there all the time. Doors slamming, yelling..and this tiny baby didn't blink an eye. He just looked at me, yawned sometimes, but mostly just looked at me calmly. You know, I think because he was just born, I mean 6 days could be counted in hours practically, I think he understood English and Spanish. I told him he was a Christmas miracle and how next year he'd be running around with all these kids. I talked to him about the tree and his grandma (Anna) and I know he understood me.I gues when you have so many kids, it just gets normal to have yet another one around. And man- there are alot of kids around that house- I don't understand where they all sleep ha ha. Everywhere I've been in Mexico there are alot of kids....hmmm so many comment come to mind, but it Christmas....

I chatted last nite & this morning with a few friends and family on FB, sent some emails to friends I have been shitty at keeping up with. I was reading about Christmas in Mexico, and basically read what Ihave seen and heard here, that people wither open presents on Christmas Eve at midnite or wait until Jan 4th, but everybody has a fiesta Christmas Eve! It does seem quiet outside except for the occasional firecracker, and it was noisy until about 1am. We fell asleep on the couch until about 2am, partly to keep Sam company since he sleeps on the small carpet we have in front of the couch, and if the fireworks had continued he would have slept next to the bed on the cold tile. Right now, of course, he sleeps next to his sleeping poppa...

I think we're going down to the dock to buy some fresh fish and shrimp for our dinner. I am surprised that they go out fishing on Christmas, but Everardo says they do....hmmm we'll see. Tomorrow the plan is to see about that little car for me...yipee...but I am so selfish- I want my new elliptical too! We didn't really do presents this year, I barely decorated- at the last minute I got into it, and our gifts are kinda a gym membership for him and the elliptical for me....so...I want it!! Next year we will be more ready for it and hopefully have a little something to open. You know, we kinda have everything we need, each other, Sam, our bikes, laptops haha..I don't know, I mean these days a book is a good gift for me. I was talking to Drew on the phone this morning and she was saying it was so hard to figure out a present for Rex cause they don't need anything...ha ha I said yeah I know! It's kind of like if you find a little something, maybe by accident, something that I would think- ooh I think my sweetheart would like that. Anyway this year it would have been hard..I mean not natural altho' I was thinking about it...and if I had seen something....OK anyway I love walking on the dock, and right now plan to kick back and read the book I just started yesterday...oh- the nutty landlord gave me a book, too. It's called Women in the Bible...hmmmm well for not at least it's a good paper weight ha ha. Actually I might even read it, couldn't hurt to have a little knowledge....well we'll see how it's written...so now it's off to my nice murder mystery.


No comments:

Post a Comment