Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Couple of interesting facts..to me anyway...in the last 30 days I have the the following number of views to my blog:
385 United States
54 Russia
53 Mexico
20 Germany
2 each for UK, Guyana, Sweden
1 ea for Panama, Puerto Rico
Further back than 30 days I also have (30-60 I think):
40 Ukraine
20 France
12 China

I am not a huge blog person, in fact I probly only read a couple of blogs before I started this one, so I have no idea if this is alot or a little. I've been writing this blog for just about a year, and I've had over 6000 hits, not sure how many more than 6000, cause it doesn't show the qtys below 20 in the all time stats.
But I find this amazing. Take Russia for instance, are the readers Russian, or American, or English speakers? Well I guess than can read English so probly English speakers. Hmmm what about when I use slang. Last nite I was writing about having 2 interested people in our house in southern Mexico, and I said something like 'we could probly get more from door number 2'...is it obvious that I mean the second person? Actually does anyone under the the age of say...40, get the significance? Door number 2 comes from the old show 'Let's Make a Deal'.....do you want to trade what you have won for what's behind Door Number 2? Or for what's behind the Curtain? I used to love that show!! Monty Hall was the host, and people came dressed up as weird stuff to get his attention and hopefully be picked to be a contestant. You could walk away with a new car or a bag of walnuts, or nothing!

My biggest numbers are the US, Mexico, Russia, and Germany. I used to know someone is Russia, but that was a long time ago when the company I worked for had business in Russia. We put in telephone systems for Sprint, I guess we had the equipment and Sprint had the dial tone. I was really lucky and got to go to Moscow for 10 days, really just to babysit the Sprint group cause it was in the contract we'd be on site. I was coordinating from Calif, and our guy had to come back; since I was familiar with the players, I got to go. In fact it was more than that. I had a good relationship with the Sprint guy and he called and asked me if I wanted to come before he called senior mgmt to insist we honor our contract. That was on a Friday, and I left for Moscow on Sunday. (Thanx Phil wherever you are). Zach was the Russian guy who worked for us, and his son took me around and it was so cool cause I was with an insider. Of course it was late November and snowing really hard the entire time, so we didn't do too much...but wow all the women and little girls decked out in fur coats and hats. Now there's a place where you can't argue the need for animal skin eh? (I'm from northern Calif where it doesn't snow...ouch) The people there are beautiful, inside and out. Everyone was friendly and helpful. Now I have a friend in Calif who is Russian and she is, as I said, beautiful inside and out. Her name is Ramilia (pretty isn't it), and she is so kind and generous. And smart- this is a smart, determined woman, who I believe will accomplish what ever she wants in life. Viva Ramilia! Hmmm I wonder how Zach and his son are doing? Well they were engineers, not sure if software or hardware, but I bet they are both doing well.
I currently know people in Germany as well, and wonder if they are reading this? My brother in law who I love so much. His brother is my ex husband but I didn't divorce my brother in law or his family! And of course I know people in the US & Mexico....
Anyway I just think the statistics are cool. I always see ads on the blog site about making money with your blog, I think it's by letting them put ads on it? I'm really not sure cause I haven't ever read it thoroughly...again because I don't know if I would qualify, like do I have enough readers? ha ha who knows...

Ok another interesting fact. The power (electricity) is charged here based on your neighborhood. People who live by the beach, and/or in the gated communities pay a much higher rate than us, and we pay a higher rate than those in the San Rafael area where I teach. There's is pretty close to ours, but a woman with a much bigger house than us, pays about the same as us, which so far has been about $30 US a month. My friends who live along the beach in the condos or the gated areas are paying $600-800 per month!!! So even if you find a cheap rent, the power will kill you! And it's only for electric, gas is propane, you know, we fill these canisters...

And I keep saying the garbage pick up is free- it was free down in Playa Ventura, and people here told us it is free. Ha ha this time it's been 4 weeks since it's been picked up- but it's ok with us cause if we bring it to the center, Mark will take it to the dump for us. He goes about every 10 days and I think he pays nothing, or something like 20 pesos, and waves us off when we offer to pay. But the people I visited last nite for the Spanish class; they live just a few blocks from here, same neighborhood as us, and they told me it's not free. That they paid a year in advance. I wondered if it's cause they are not Mexican...but the teacher also said it wasn't free, that it was about 50 pesos a month (about $4.50 US), but no one has ever come around to collect money and we are in month 6....so I don't know the answer to this one. Our neighbors said it was free- well maybe they aren't collecting because right now pick up is hit and miss, and this was going on when we arrived here. Vamos a ver for this one eh?

Well I write this blog in lieu of talking to some people, sometimes to get my feelings out, sometimes to relate interesting stuff, or just stuff I think is funny or strange. Sometimes just as dear diary which my sister in NY/Florida says she loves cause she can picture her sister's life far away...

So I was kinda asking the universe for guidance, for a full life and I think I'm getting it so watch out what you ask for...now I am teaching 4 days a week, and Spanish class might be 3 days a week, AA meetings in English 4-5 times a week, and a women's meeting in Spanish one nite a week...and my plan is to increase my Spanish meetings as my comprehension increases. Viva

No comments:

Post a Comment