Monday, May 13, 2013

Monday. You know I felt kind of disjointed when I got back, like ok now what? I emailed my Spanish teacher last nite to tell her I was back as scheduled and ready to start classes again on Tues. Surprise- she replied and said how about Mon and Tue since she'd be gone for the rest of the week. I decided just Tuesday cause I wanted to go to the meeting this morning, and then after she said see you next week, I replied again asking just when she'd be back. Oh not until a week from Friday...hmmm I kinda needed that info. So I decided to forgo even the Tue class since then it would be 2 weeks. Sucks for me cause that makes 5 weeks of no classes. I had talked to Karen at the center on Friday and she hadn't found another teacher yet so I had decided to stick with Isabel for now.

But I was a little frustrated and decided for different results I needed different actions. So I found the lady's fb page I had been introduced to by my gal pal Pam, and sent her a msg, asking if I could meet her today (Monday) and ask her about her Spanish class. She replied and said sure- and gave me her address; as it turned out the long way cause once I was there, I realized it was basically in walking distance of our house. I met her and her husband; they're Canadians who've lived here for about 8 years. They purchased their house, and it's really cute. Nice open floor plan, a couple of arches to remind me it's Mexico, just a nice house. Ok so what's up is I'm going back tomorrow nite (Tuesday) at 6pm for their Spanish lesson, which costs 50 pesos for an hour and a half, and now I pay 100 pesos for 1 hour. They just have the class once a week, and won't be there next week so I contacted them at just the right time. They gave me the teacher's number and later I gave her a call, with (hopefully) great results. She is very open to a new class as long as she has at least 3 students, and Karen is in 100%- which includes her husband, and probly another guy. So that's 3 or 4. I told her we wanted 2 classes a week and she is open to afternoons, even to teaching out at the center! Amazing huh? So I'll meet her tomorrow nite and then she offered to meet with all of us out at the center on Thursday to nail down what we want to do. I'ma so happy! (my Italian impression) Karen is excited as well, and if she's free will go with me tomorrow nite. The people I met are maybe a little behind me, but maybe they just know other stuff, so who knows how it will go, maybe Tuesdays with them, maybe an entirely different class...anyway- I'm excited.

Oh and other cool news today! Looks like we have a long term renter for the Guerrero house! And they may even be interested in buying the house!!!! (ok pls excuse me while I knock on wood, a couple of times)...ok back. (and it was my head, not wood, but close). Yipee would be so cool. But the fact is a long term renter is also good. We're not charging much more than we pay here, in fact the difference we are going to continue to give to the guy who has been caretaking it for us. In case something big is needed, maybe just to be aware, so basically we'll be taking in what we pay for rent here. This is a GREAT thing, cause our first 6 months in Mexico- well the time we were down there, we bled money. Our credit card is almost at the limit, and I don't even make a payment that covers my monthly medical insurance payment. So is we could start knocking that bill out, even just a little at a time...yes I will breathe easier. Things are lookin' up!

Yesterday we went to the beach late, about 6pm, just for a little while, only Everardo and Sam went in the water, but it was beautiful. Almost as soon as we got there a big school of dolphins went by. Well is 20 or more huge? Some were actually jumping! And jumping two at a time, but not exactly next to each other so you could see both of them, it was so awesome! Then there were tons of big pelicans out there fishing, too, and watching them diving was pretty cool as well.

I went to the meeting today and there were people there. I listened for a while and my feeling of disjointedness slipped away. I stopped by out at the center just to chat and felt even better. Then this evening we went to see the aluminum guy who fixed and made some picture frames for us and he's gonna make us a screen door on Wednesday. man do we ever need it. Life is good, getting better.

oh boy oh boy...viva!

No comments:

Post a Comment