Sunday, August 18, 2013

Did I say I don't have cancer?? I DON'T HAVE CANCER!! YIIIPPPEEEEEEEE
When I heard my results from my doctor, I actually started crying. I was with my older daughter and she started crying, too. The doctor called me himself, and it was only Thurs, 2 days after my little procedure, and at the time they promised to expedite the results- but yeah I heard that before- right? But he called me himself. Drewy and I were sitting outside a tiny cafe called Hallie's, waiting for our table and for Halla, who showed up minutes later. The relief was so huge- I think maybe I had been holding my breath for 2 weeks! I know "future tripping" is always a mistake, and yet I indulged in it constantly while waiting for the procedure and the results. If I had cancer-again- what did that mean? That I was a carrier? That I would just keep getting it in different areas? That I really might not get to watch my girls live their lives, fall asleep on my husband's shoulder, be a part of....? But it didn't happen, I'm clear, I'm good. I am not cancer susceptible! Did I say yipee?

So yes I'm a bit emotional right now. Happy to be healthy and excited to get back to zumba tomorrow, so my home Spanish lessons, to teaching English, and now to start with a group Sept 2 for Spanish lessons- with the teacher Laurie I had for a few weeks before the summer started.

I also miss my daughters, and am of course, AGAIN, thinking about where I want to live. But have come back to that middle ground of right here right now, we're good. I still want to check out Ensenada, but I promised myself last nite not to bring it up again for awhile. I know the heat is killing me, pushing me into the ground, and this morning my friend Pam remarked that in a few months it will be freezing cold. Hmmmm I think I've had enough of this f***ing desert ha ha. Yeah so much for I'm good for now. But it's evening- still really hot, but the ac is on in the bedroom- yeah that's the only place we have it- a mini split, with a fan at the door sucking it out here to the living room. And we're going for ice cream in a minute...maybe the last time for a while since we're both getting back to our exercise regime tomorrow. I love my husband, he knows me so well, he made me my favorite breakfast this morning, and we took a late nap in the ac this afternoon. I do want to stay in Mexico for now, maybe at least another year; if we go back I'll have to work- and I don' wanna!! Another month and it's supposed to be beautiful here, nice and warm, but not deathly hot like right now.

We started watching this series Breaking Bad, they just started it with the first season and it's on every nite at 10pm, even weekends, so it should go quick, but ha ha gotta go get ice cream before that. And it's so hot we're starting to stay up later again like in Playa Ventura, so it should be an interesting month. So this is a short post. I am happy, relieved, in love, loved, missing my kids already, but still holding the memory of them here; they loved Lucky, our newest member, and he really perked up with them. Sam of course was so happy they were here, and he swam more than they did at the beach. Hopefully next time they come to visit they'll bring Elena with them and I know Everardo will be sooooooo pleased. He loves my girls and always tries to be sure they're happy when they're with us, but to have Elena here as well...well wouldn't that just be icing on the cake?

I know I forgot the Mexico fun fact yesterday...but here's a new one:

 The red poinsettia (which the Aztecs called cuetlaxochitl) originated in Mexico and is named after Joel Roberts Poinsett, the first United States ambassador to Mexico (in the 1820s)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment