Monday, August 19, 2013

Restarting....

I feel great! I just got back from Zumba...after 2 weeks of no exercise- wow- yes the aches & pains are already setting in. But today I restarted. I worked with Rosetta Stone on Spanish this morning, and found out we are restarting Spanish class for sure in Sept, probly on the 16th. Funny thing- while I was gone, the zumba class changed from 7-8; it moved up to 6:30-7:30- well this is bad because the new Spanish class is Mon & Wed, 5pm -6:30. So I decided, well ok, I'll just wear my work out clothes to class and leave 10 min early. (every time) Then I got to zumba and found out the teacher is leaving after this week to teach another class, in another park, from 7:30-8:30! Perfect!! I'll just change classes with her, then I have an hour between Spanish & zumba! Man I love it when things work out.

Because I want to do both. Learning Spanish is very important to me and I get better all the time. I also LOVE this free zumba class, and I can feel my body changing, and that inspires me to make better food choices. The two were about to bump into to each other and I was not willing to give up either. And then I hear about this change...not sure exactly how it will work out- I could stay with the 6:30 zumba on the days I don't have Spanish class- if I like the new teacher...or just switch to the later time...again I find myself in a place where all my options are good.

Everardo loves working out as well. When I met him, he was homeless, but he had a gym membership. I would drop him off at 24 hour fitness and he would work out for hours, take a shower, and head out to his spot. He was kinda homeless by choice. He was spending his time between the alano club going to meetings and the gym. The place where he stayed, under a bridge, was a little community, and he fed those guys alot of the time. Some were trying to get sober and he tried to support them as well. He's an amazing man, I find this out more and more all the time. He feeds guys here, too- the ones that show up on the trains, passing thru, usually trying to go to the U.S., where they think they will find jobs, a better life, the ability to take care of their families. But I digress- he loves working out. Tonite I think he jumped rope for 45 min straight! He runs and he does push ups & sit ups, pull ups...oh yeah I love to watch when he does these crazy pull ups, behind his shoulders...I do love men's muscle arms.....oooops slippin' again.

Anyway tonite after zumba a guy came up to me, and it halting English, asked me if I could help his wife with an interview in English. Of course I misunderstood and thought she needed help answering some questions- he said she just had 8-10 questions. Anyway I said sure. Everardo walked up then and he translated, and we said sure, when? Right then- oh ok- where? Right there, she was across the patio, and very pregnant. So it turns out she's in school and has an English class and wanted to interview me! oh..duh. So she asked me a series of questions and her husband filmed it. The really REALLY cool thing was- it was exactly the questions I taught in my class to the students to talk to their neighbors who are American or tourists they see or come in contact with!!!! I mean EXACTLY!
What is your name, are you here on vacation, what is your favorite thing about Rocky Point, do you like Mexican food, what is your favorite dish!! I was so happy to help her...and truly because I received affirmation about what I was doing.

So it was an awesome day. I feel good and good about myself. People at zumba asked me where I've been. It's not quite as hot tonite as it has been. We went to a meeting this morning and there were visitors and a newbie and it was a good meeting. We ate cheese and crackers later- the cheeses we bought while the girls were here (I shoulda sent it with them) a fresh cheese, very wet and kinda rubbery, and a harder cotija cheese, more dry and crumbly- also fresh. Now Poppi just brought us a little bit of beans mixed with a little fluffy rice topped with the crumbly cheese and a couple of tortillas. Perfect. Not to much, or too filling, a little protein from the beans a little carb from the rice and a little taste from the cheese. The perfect re-filler after a hard workout. I know tomorrow I'm gonna wake up in pain ha ha. Poppi told me to go easy with zumba tonite and I said of course, and then I pushed hard. Yeah I never learn. But man it must be the endorphins!! Cause I feel so good! I'm not thinking about how hot it is, or the sand sand sand...and hot it's gonna be this hot and hotter until the end of Sept...if I have zumba and classes to look forward to, then I'm good. And the class I teach also starts mid Sept, and you know what? If that doesn't continue to be a good thing, I can teach here. People have asked, and I mean people who could afford to pay 50 or 100 pesos...maybe I could charge those who can afford it, and keep it free for those who cannot....hmmm something to think about.

Well I'm dying to know how my daughter's first day of school for the medical assisting program went, but she's not answering her phone...aaarrgghhh. I hope her day left her feeling as great as I feel right now. We've been here in Puerto Penasco almost 10 months, it went by fast. It's very different than Playa Ventura to be sure, but of course any town/city bigger than 1000 people would have been very different. Maybe we stay here, but next year take a trip in August ha ha. Maybe down to Playa Ventura, or if the house sells before that, to Michocan (Morelia) to see Everardo's family. Oh but in July we'll be in northern Calif to see my beautiful daughter get married! Yep life is gooooood! Viva!

Mexico fun fact:
Mexican children do not receive presents on Christmas Day. They receive gifts on January 6, the day on which Mexicans celebrate the arrival of the Three Wise Men.

No comments:

Post a Comment